The Letter

Platinum

In the auditions, there were only a few girls who actually had potential. I somewhat felt like my time was wasted but I promised Raz I wouldn't let him down.

"I want to thank all of you for your efforts. I need numbers two, eight, seventeen, and twenty to stay, please. The rest of you may go," I said.

I heard snickering, complaints, insults to the girls who were told to to stay and other things. I laughed at their saltiness and took a sip of my water.

"Ok girls, y'all are here obviously because you made the cut. I take dancing seriously and we will have unity in this group. We will work our asses off and make this money. You won't be regular strippers. Instead, you'll be like Ice."

"Ice? I've heard that name before. I saw some of her videos, she fucking the whole game up," number twenty said. She looked like she was mixed and she had a heavy Brooklyn accent mixed with a Puerto Rican accent.

"Thank you," I said with a smile.

"Hold up, hold up!" Number seventeen raised her hand. "You're Ice? The Ice?"

"The one and only. I hope y'all are hungry because we're going out to eat so I can learn to be around y'all."

We all sat down at this seafood restaurant that sits on top of a river. We all ordered our food and drinks then started talking. Their names are Chloe, Isabella, Aniya, and Joy.

"So tell me something about y'all," I said before taking a sip of my fruit punch.

"I'm eighteen, I dropped out of high school because I got pregnant but I had a miscarriage so now I'm trying to find a good job because my momma put me out," Aniya admitted.

"Damn girl, you been through it all. Where you staying at now?" I asked.

"The shelter most nights," she answered. "I don't look like what I'm going through because I stole everything that I'm wearing right now. Including this hot ass wig," she said.

All of us started laughing at the last thing she said, including her. I like her so far because she's so honest but also because she's smiling instead of feeling sorry for herself.

"I'm twenty-one. I love to dance but I never got the chance because nobody would accept me. I used to live with my cousin but she got killed almost a year ago. She was trying to get some extra money from this dude she used to date but it all fell through and I don't know the full story. All I know is she's dead and her son is in foster care," Chloe explained.

"I'm nineteen. I really haven't been through anything bad but I ran away from my parents. They're so judgmental and want to plan my life for me. I'm not like them at all," Isabella said.

"You act like a black girl and have a black girl's body, it just ain't skin deep," I said. She laughed.

"I've heard that plenty of times before."

"I'm eighteen. I apologize if I ever seem distant but I don't trust people and I'm not close to anyone. I stay to myself all the time. I'm shy and a loner until some music starts playing. I have a love for dancing and I thank you for the opportunity," Joy said in her quiet, gentle voice.

"I noticed that you seem uneasy. I'm cool and so are these girls, you can loosen up. We're not only going to be a group but also a family. Anything y'all need, tell me. I don't care if it's one in the morning, if you need me, call me."

All of them nodded their heads and we all started to dig into our food. These girls really have potential and I think they'll be great for the club.