Caught Up

I walked into Drew's house in a great mood. My whole day was spent on searching for a place of my own and I found exactly what fitted me best. It's a two bedroom condo overlooking downtown. It has new appliances, granite countertops, hardwood floors, huge rooms-the whole nine!

"Drew!" I called his name from the living room.

"What's up?" He walked in from the kitchen with a plate of spaghetti.

"I have good news," I said smiling. I took a seat across from him.

"Tell me."

"I found a condo and I love it! I'm moving out."

I waited for a smile or a "congrats baby girl" but instead, I got a blank stare. The blank stare changed into a mean mug, followed by a deep sigh.

"What? You aren't happy for me?" I asked.

"Platinum who exactly are you cheating on Slim with? I know it's somebody and he does, too."

"I am not cheating on Slim and I am so extremely tired of y'all saying I am!"

"Platinum you fucking glowing," he looked at me. "Your hips spreading and shit. You can't fool me."

"I'm so over this shit. I'm tired of explaining myself to people. I thought you were my best friend, all you care about is Slim!"

I got up from the couch and stormed down the hall to my room. Opening the closet, I got all my clothes out, throwing them on the bed. I packed all of my stuff in suitcases, bags, and boxes.

About an hour and a half later, I was packed up and ready to head out. All I have to do is go get the key from the real estate place.

When I made it to the real estate company's office, I got out and walked in. I found the agent that showed my the condo. He greeted me with a welcoming smile.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded and sat down. This white boy had my attention low key! He had dirty blonde colored hair, deep blue eyes and a country boy demeanor to go along with his almost perfect features. "Sign on the dotted line and it's yours."

I smiled as he handed me the papers. When he handed me the pen and our hands touched, I looked up and realized he was already looking at me. I smirked and signed my name.

"Enjoy your new home Ms. Collins," he said smiling.

"Please, call me Platinum."

He shook my hand, "Platinum? Is that your real name?"

"It is," I answered.

"Ha, I could've sworn your name was Ice," he responded. I was caught totally off guard by that and I looked up at him. He winked and walked away smoothly.

Country boy might be seeing some more of me. I damn sure want to see more of him! I got into my car and saw that I had a missed call from Scoota. I pulled out of the parking lot and called him back.

"Hello?"

"Just returning your call."

"Oh, where you at?" He asked.

"I'm on my way to my condo, almost there."

"I'm here already, which floor?"

"Twentieth," I answered, pulling into the parking garage. "I need you to come to the parking garage, though."

"On the way," he answered. I ended the call and got out, popping the trunk. I saw Scoota coming my way. He tried kissing me but I shoved a box in his arms. "You want me to help your ungrateful ass move your shit into your condo but won't even give me a kiss?"

"Sorry Scoota," I said and pouted. "Please help me?" I kissed him and grabbed two suitcases. He grabbed a couple boxes and helped me.

"What's up?" I heard a slightly familiar voice. I turned around and saw the real estate agent.

"Cody," I smiled at him.

"How you doing?" He leaned against the wall as he talked to me.

"I'd be doing better if I wasn't here. I'm so irritated with my coworkers."

"How much do you usually make in a night?" He asked.

I hesitated before answering, "About ten grand, why?"

"You'll make the same if you come home with me."

"No sir, I'm not a first night kind of girl."

"But I met you yesterday," he fired back.

"How about a night out on the town?"

"I damn sure ain't about to pay you though, I ain't that crazy."

"That crazy? I don't know if I should leave with you."

"Come on, don't make ask again." He cracked a smile.

"Let me go change and I'll be right back."

He nodded and I walked to the locker room. When I got there, I took off my two piece and slipped on underwear, a pair of ripped jeans, a red t-shirt, Bred 11s and a Falcon's beanie.

I walked back out, phone in hand and my bag on my back. I made sure my car was locked then hopped into his charcoal 760LI. It's so nice.

"To have a legit job, you sure do seem to have a luxury lifestyle." I said.

"I haven't always been a real estate agent."

"Drug dealer?" I questioned.

"Don't worry about my occupations sweetheart," he said smoothly.

"Where are we going?"

"Just sit back and enjoy the ride."

"You could be a serial killer or something, I don't know you."

"Do I look like one?" He asked.

"Serial killers don't always look the part."

"Somebody's smart." He gave me a devilish grin.

"What the fuck? You're a serial killer?" I was about to panic. He was driving fast and I damn sure wasn't about to jump out.

"Yeah, put a bowl of Froot Loops in front of me and you'll see."

I hit him and laughed a little, relaxing.

"You're corny as hell!" He laughed too and parked the car. I heard loud music and turned around to see we were at a club.

"Listen, I'm not racist, please believe me but I don't do fist pumping clubs baby boy."

"Then you with the right person 'cause I don't either."

He opened my car door for me and I forgot what I had on. I stopped right where I was and he turned around looking confused.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm not going in there dressed like this, you should've known better."

"I should've known better? Girl bring yo' ass in here, being difficult and shit."

I laughed and he grabbed my hand, dragging me towards the entrance. He said something to the bouncer that got us immediate access. The music was blasting, club was packed and I liked the vibe I was getting. All smiles and no bullshit, all throughout the crowd.

"You wanna dance?" Cody asked.

"Let me get a shot first," I said. I grabbed his hand and I led the way over to the bar. He ordered the shots but I watched him the whole time since I just met him yesterday.

We downed that shot and went straight to the dance floor. Up and Down by T-Pain came on and I started dancing on him. He grabbed my hips and I could tell he was enjoying it.

"Aye!" A crowd of people came and started dancing around us. I was laughing and having fun when I felt a hand on my arm.

"What the fuck?" I looked up and saw Scoota.

"You fucking me but you out here with somebody else?" He yelled at me.

"Platinum what the fuck is this? You a fucking hoe!" Drew yelled. Where did he even come from?

The crowd that had formed around us was just looking and some people were laughing. I shook my head and ran out of the club, embarrassed.