Don't Tell

Slim

"I miss my girl and my kids man," my new cell mate, Mario said.

"Shit, tell me 'bout it."

"You got kids?" he asked, looking at a picture of his kids.

"Not that I know of but I miss the hell out my girl."

"I feel you, man. Why you in here?"

"My girl," I answered, sighing.

"Bullshit. What she do?"

"This girl I used to date needed a place for her and her son to stay for a while. My girl and her got into an argument so I put her out. The next day, the Feds found drugs under her bed. My girl was trying to ride for me so she killed the girl for me and they added nine years to my sentence."

"That's some hood soap opera shit man," he said, looking shocked. "What's the girl's name?"

"Asia."

"Light skinned? Look somewhat Hispanic?" he asked.

"Yeah, how you know her?"

"That's my fucking girlfriend nigga!"

When I looked up, he had his razor in his hand but so did I.

Platinum

"These past few nights have been a huge mistake," I said to Scoota.

"Why you say that?" He lifted my chin and caressed my cheek.

"Because I," I hesitated, "I have a boyfriend."

"What the fuck you mean you have you boyfriend Platinum?"

"I'm sorry, I feel like I been leading you on."

"I gotta have something that he don't have because you been spending your time with me and spending your nights in my bed."

"Yeah, freedom."

"What?" He looked at me with his face scrunched up like he was confused.

"I'm the reason that he's in prison," I confessed and dropped my head.

"What happened?" Scoota asked.

I explained everything to him. I didn't know what response he would give me and honestly I was too scared to even want a response.

"You were just riding for him, you can't blame yourself."

"But now I'm here, riding another nigga's d*ck."

"Ten years is a long ass time Platinum, can I enjoy you for those ten? You got me wanting more and more."

"Under one condition," I said.

"What?"

"You cannot tell Drew, no matter what."

"Why the fuck not?" I could tell he was growing impatient.

"Because Drew will tell Slim and I'll be dead for sure."

"Aight man, whatever."

I was laying down in Scoota's bed when I heard a car door close. I peeked through the blinds and saw Drew getting out of a car.

"Scoota," I whispered, shaking him.

"What's up?" he rolled over.

"Remember, Drew cannot find out! He's back."

"I hear you," he said groggily.

I cracked the door just a little bit and peeked out. I didn't see Drew so I quickly slipped out of the room and ran to mine. When I got there, I dove straight into the bed.

"Platinum," I heard Drew's voice. I got here just in time.

"Huh?" I asked groggily, trying to act like I was asleep.

"I just wanted to let you know I'm back and I expect breakfast to be made in the morning."

"Yeah," I rolled over, closing my eyes. He closed the door and made his way down the hall.

I got out of the shower, dried off and started getting ready. I got dressed then walked out into the kitchen. I guess I'll go ahead and cook for Drew while he's in the shower. I got bacon, eggs, and the frozen biscuit dough, putting all three items on the counter. I put the bacon in a skillet to cook, the biscuits in the oven, and got a bowl, salt, milk and black pepper to make the eggs.

As I poured the eggs into a seperate skillet, I saw Scoota walk into the living room. I turned my head and flipped Drew's bacon. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. When I unlocked it, it was a text from Scoota.

Scoota: One of us gotta move out because it's too hard for me to keep my composure when my brother's around.

Platinum: Maybe so but until one of us can move, please don't blow it.

I put my phone back in my pocket and put the bacon, eggs and biscuits on a plate. I poured him a glass of orange juice then sat it down on the counter.

"Thank you baby girl," he said, already digging in.

"Welcome. You need any errands ran before I head out for the day?"

"Nah, thank you though. Where you going?"

"To see Slim," I answered, grabbing my stuff.

"That's a long ride to be going by yourself."

"I'll be alright, it's worth it."

I walked out to my car and started it up. I put my Boosie CD in and backed out of the driveway, starting on this two hour journey.

When I walked into the visitation room. I smiled at the fact that I would see Slim but when he walked through that door, guilt overtook me.

"Wassup?" he greeted me, sitting down. Over this short period of time, Slim had gotten more muscular.

"Hi, how you been?"

"Aight," he answered dryly.

"I drove all the way up here and you being dry with me? Tell me who else has been up here to see you." I crossed my legs.

"No Platinum, you ain't gotta cross your legs now."

"What the hell you talking 'bout Slim?"

"I guess what's mine ain't really mine no more. You came through here glowing like you had some recently. I thought you were gon' ride for me, you out there riding for other niggas, literally!"

"Slim no I haven't!"

"You a fucking liar!"

"I'm being honest Slim!"

"Look me in my eyes Platinum and tell me you haven't been with somebody else."

I grabbed his hands and looked him dead in the eyes, "I have not been with anybody else Slim, honest." I lied through my teeth like it was nothing.

"Aight Platinum," he eased up. "Gimme kiss ma," he said.

I leaned up and bit his bottom lip, asking for entrance. He let me in and our tongues danced in sync. It's sad though because the spark is gone.

"I'm going out D," Scoota said to Drew.

"Where you going? I might ride with you."

"I ain't hitting the club scene tonight, going to check up on some of my old hoes."

"Strap up nigga, these hoes 'round here too damn fertile!" Drew chuckled a bit.

Scoota nodded his head and made his way out the door. I soon felt my phone vibrate-Scoota.

"When's the last time you visited momma?" I asked Drew. His head was in my lap and he was playing the game.

"Shit, I went over there yesterday."

"Oh."

"Why?" he asked.

"I don't know. I haven't been to see her in a few days."

"Why not?"

"Because of what she might say about what I did. The truth hurts like hell."

"I know but momma ain't gon' tell you wrong. I wish I had a real momma to tell me right from wrong."

"I guess I should go over there then."

"Yeah, you should."

He leaned up and I stood up. I put my shoes on and got my keys, heading out the door. When I was in my car, I pulled my phone out to look at the message.

Scoota: Meet me at the hotel all the way uptown, aight?

Platinum: Which one?

Scoota: Hampton Inn.

I started up my car and headed uptown. I'll go by momma's house afterwards so if Drew asks her if I came over, I'll have an alibi.

When I made it to the the hotel, I got out and walked in, going straight to the elevator. I clicked three and waited. When the doors slid open, I went to the room Scoota told me he'd be in and knocked.

"It took you long enough," he said opening the door.

"You not gonna do anything about it," I challenged. He put the 'Do Not Disturb' tag on the doorknob outside and locked the door.

"Don't be so sure about that."

He picked me up and threw me on the bed. He looked at me with lust in his eyes then climbed on top of me, being aggressive like a lion with his prey.