Gotta Find My Way Back

Platinum POV

I woke up to somebody beating on my door. I picked my head up slightly then put it back down. The beating continued so I got up and went to the door. I scrunched my face up because of the sun.

"Don't look like that." Quincy said, trying to sound like Rich Homie Quan.

"You so irritating, do you not know what time it is?"

"It's 2 PM, why you still sleeping?"

"I was tired, I had a long night."

"Doing what?"

"Nothing," I said getting up. "Why you here?"

"To give you something."

"What?"

"Since I didn't get out before your birthday." he reached in his pocket and pulled out a necklace.

"Q! Oh my gosh."

It was the same necklace he gave me for our 1 month anniversary when I was fifteen. It had "Quincy's girl" written on the back in sharpie. When he gave it to me all those years ago, it was exactly like this.

"Where did you find this?"

"I kept it. You remember the day I went to jail, you gave it back to me? You said if it's meant for us to be together, it'll find it's way back to you."

"Wow." My phone started ringing. I was about to grab it when Quincy threw it on the couch, picked me up and carried me to my room. Round two?

Slim POV

"I love you Slim." Amy said.

"Where the towels at?"

"Slim who is keeping you from me? Like forreal I been down for you since high school!"

"I'll look for 'em myself." I walked into her bathroom and found one on the shelf. I went back in her room and started cleaning my shoes.

"I'm not worth commitment?"

"You still a child in the mind Amy, grow the fuck up. You worried about titles and being seen with me, a real woman don't give a damn if she know wassup with her nigga."

"I wasn't a child when you was fucking me just a few minutes ago!"

"Your head game hitting on some but the box ain't bout shit to be honest with you."

"Nigga get out! Now!" I chuckled and finished cleaning my shoes. "Get out Slim!"

She tried to push me and I didn't budge. She could never hurt me but she know not to put her hands on me. I looked at her not saying a word and she knew what was up.

She left the room and I put my shoes on. I grabbed my phone and walked out the door. I started my car and pulled away from her apartment complex.

I walked into the Gucci store to get me some new shit. I was looking around when I saw this belt I liked. I picked it up right when somebody else did. I looked up and smirked.

"Let go of the belt Slim."

"I believe I had my hands on it first."

"I don't care what you believe, give me my belt."

"Nigga if you don't get somewhere with that 'my belt' shit." I said imitating her. I love to get under her skin.

"Platinum what's taking you so long?" we looked up and saw Drew coming towards her.

"Whoa, y'all slick meeting up? Behind my back type shit."

"Nah."

"Bullshit, that's why you was acting an ass when Platinum brought Quincy to the house. Damn."

I was about to say something back to what Drew just said when Platinum snatched the belt and ran to the counter.

"How the fuck you gon snatch my shit?"

"Wasn't that hard."

"Fuck you."

"If you're lucky, maybe." she got her bag and left the store.

Platinum POV

"What the fuck you think you doing in there Platinum?"

"Get off me Quincy." He pulled me to him and wouldn't let me go.

"You done with this, understand?"

"You can't tell me what to do! I'm making money! Everybody gotta fucking problem with my job but ain't nobody dropping stacks!"

"That's cuz you never wanna accept money."

"I don't wanna talk about this."

"Well too damn bad cuz we about to."

"I wouldn't be doing all this is people wouldn't have left me! Including you!"

I got into my car and pulled off leaving the club. I bypassed my apartment and went straight to Drew's.

"Why you out so late?" he asked letting me in.

"Just got off work. Did you tell Quincy where I work?"

"Nah." he said looking away then walked down the hall.

"Drew why? That didn't concern you!"

"I just thought he should know."

"You foul as fuck."

"I'll be that."

I got my keys and started for the door.

"Where you going?"

"Home."

"You just got here."

I closed the door and drove home. Why are people so worried with what I do? That's me and my business!

I woke up to my phone ringing and looked at the clock. Who's calling me at 4 AM? I looked and saw it was Slim.

"Hello?"

"Open the door." I hung up, left my room and opened the front door. I closed it and locked it behind him.

"What's going on?"

"My lil cousin got killed. It ain't like I can get revenge cuz my other cousin killed the dude on site. He tried to rush him to the hospital but it was too late."

"I'm so sorry Slim." I embraced him and he laid his head on my chest.

"He was like my lil brother. I tried so hard to get him out the streets but he wanted to be like me so bad. I feel like his blood is on my hands."

"Nah don't blame it on yourself cuz it's not your fault. It's not too late to change your ways for him though. Everything happens for a reason, it's just another angel watching over you and keeping trouble out your path."

"I'm fucked up right now, I'm lost."

I just rubbed his head and saw the tears falling. I wiped them and started rubbing his head again. After about 5 minutes I heard light snoring and I drifted to sleep too.

Slim POV

I saw Platinum's Malibu pull up in front of my aunt's house. She got out wearing all black and looking really classy, dressed for the occasion.

"Thanks for coming." I said as she hugged me.

"No problem."

We got out of the limo and stood outside of the church, going in sets of two. Platinum was on my side the whole time. We walked in and sat down.

I got all my tears out that night I went to Platinum's house so I can be strong for everyone else. I don't know why I went to her apartment, it seems like my car just took me there. She made me feel better.

"This is Damian and Slim when they were at Damian's 13th birthday party, look."

My aunt started showing Platinum all these pictures of me, Damian and everybody else. It seemed like Platinum was even making my family feel better, got me thinking.