Little Lamb

Aries POV

Well here I was, at the palace, the last place I ever wanted to be. I groaned and walked up the hill, dragging my bag with me, and no it doesn't have a body in it this time. Just has a few essentials I may need.

I didn't even have to knock at the door as it was wide open for all to enter. "You get an assassination attempt and you leave you doors wide open? Idiots." I mumbled and stepped it. "Oh please sir wait!" A sweet voice called. I turned to see a brown haired girl running quickly to me.

"Sir your shoes, they are filthy, if it's not too much to ask please remove them." She bowed in respect. I dropped my bag and took my shoes off without complaint. "Thank you sir." She bowed again and left. "Oh? Are you here for the competition?" A icy eyes man glanced.

"Yes I am." I said confidently. "Good timing, the doors are closing today." He adjusted the white gloves on his hands and walked away. This place was filled with weird people but who am I to talk? I kill people as a job.

"Oh hello, I apologize the king couldn't be here to greet you so I am in charge for the moment." A tall slender girl stopped in front of me and she had a beaming smile on her face. It was her, the girl from last night.

"May I ask what happened to the king?" I gave my best curious face. "He was almost killed last night! An arrow flew out of nowhere and almost struck him in the head, someone had the intention of killing him." She growled. "Oh really? How tragic." I tried feeling bad for him.

I saw a bandage wrapped around her arm. "What happened here?" I pointed to her arm. "Oh it's nothing, the arrow just grazed me." She shrugged. "Oh where are my manners! I'm Aquarius." She held out a hand to shake.

"Aries." I said while gripping her hand and shaking it. She led me to my room and then left me to freshen up.

Scorpio POV

I had no idea what happened last night and I don't want to. I was in my room reading a book, that was the only interesting thing around here. My stomach growled from hunger, making me sigh. I marked the page I was on and closed the book and walked to the dining hall.

I grabbed a few pieces of bacon and then sat in the chair and munched on it. I saw Virgo walk into the room and also grab some food. She looked at me and I could see her debating if she should sit next to me or not. I sighed. "Why don't you sit next to me?"

She perked up and smiled. "Thanks!" She said while carefully sitting in the chair. As I was eating she asked me a question. "Why weren't you at the party?" She squinted. She was definitely suspecting me for the assassination attempt.

"In the restroom." I answered plainly. "Oh really?" She wasn't convinced. "What, is a man not allowed to pee?" I finally looked straight into her eyes. "I didn't see you the whole party." She said. "Because I don't like being around too many people and it felt really claustrophobic in there." I said truthfully.

"You don't believe anything I'm saying do you?" I pinched the bridge of my nose. She shook her head stubbornly. "Ok fine since you are the great seer in this castle why don't you use you powers and see if I'm telling the truth?" I crossed my arms.

"It doesn't work like that, my vision they COME to me." She answered. "Oh? Then what if I really did it? You can't prove it can you?" I decided to tease her a bit. "Are you admitting it?" She seemed interested.

"No, the culprit never admits he did the deed now does he? I'm just saying even if it was me you couldn't prove it?" I sneered. "You didn't do it then?" She bit her lip, making my eyes flit to her lips but I quickly went back to her eyes.

"I didn't do anything." I raised my eyebrow. "Fine, but know that I'm watching you." Virgo pointed to her eyes then mine. She finished her food and then left, leaving me by myself.

Pisces POV

"You ok to go?" Taurus asked me for the 10th time. "Yes I am, I will be back before dark." I sighed. "Don't die! I spent good money on you!" He called after me as I walked down the road.

He gave me a simple map to follow to where Libra lived. I was scared, this women could easily shoot me straight in the heart. As I was walking in the wood my foot hit something and I tripped and fell on my face.

"Ow..." I sat up straight and rubbed my head. I looked at what tripped me. It was sticking out from under the bush so I pulled it out. The sleek wood made it definitely man made. I found the other piece and matched it. It was a bow, I gasped and dropped the bow, this could have been the weapon that someone used to kill Leo!

I gulped when I looked at it. "Has a little lamb strayed from its flock?" An eerie voice echoes with the rustling of the trees. My breath caught in my throat as I frantically looked around. "Why so scared? You're the one that wandered off." It seemed like it was purring. "W-who are you?" I managed to say.

"The wolf that's going to kill the little lamb." She whispered. "No please!" My voice trembled. "I love seeing my prey frightened." The voice seemed to be getting closer. I whimpered and started running at full speed.

The voice was following me I could escape. "These are my woods little lamb." It felt like she was right in front of me. The trees rustled, making me gasp. I felt tears in my eyes, this was it, I was  so done.

"HAHA! That was hilarious!" A women came from behind a tree. She had a bow in her hands and was laughing so hard tears were coming from her eyes. "What?..." I was still in shock. "You thought I was going to kill you?! Hahahaha! I don't kill I HUNT!" She was still laughing.

I angrily stared at her, tapping my foot impatiently to wait for her to stop laughing.  "Ok ok I'm done! So, what brings you to my woods little lamb?" She sniffled and pierced her vivid green eyes at me. "I have received order from the king to escort you back to the castle to participate in the competition." Pisces put her hands on her hips.

"Oh? What if I don't cooperate?" She put and arrow in the bow. "Well...I will be forced to tell the king and he will claim this forest." I made this up entirely. She pointed the bow at me. "Hm, you can't tell him if your dead right?" She pulled it back.

"Wait! I thought you only hunted!" I covered my head. "I do, but your so cute when your scared!" She ran up to me and pinched my cheeks. She was probably a bit older then me but she acted like a child.

I glared at her as she pinched my cheeks. "You done?" I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. "Fine, I'll come but only for you little lamb." She winked. "Stop calling me that!" I yelled. "Need I remind you I can shoot you in the head in a moment?" She gave me that know it all look.

I groaned as she followed me. "Are there cute guys in the castle?" She suddenly said. "Yes they are." I only said to shut her up. "Hehehe can't wait to get my hands on one." She rubbed her hands together.

She was a feared huntress and she acted like this, makes me fear her less.