F is for FAIL

Aries POV

Ok it's time to finish the job, I saw the bright lights from the windows of the palace, looks like the party is going on, perfect. I could hear the swaying music wafting in the air. I wasn't skilled with a bow and arrow but I was good enough for it to land where I wanted.

I was hiding high up in a tree just far enough where I could still see the people. I squinted and saw the Kings golden head waltzing around, dancing with a beautiful lady. He looked happy, I felt a twinge of guilt. This always happened before I kill I pushed it down and steadied my bow.

I just needed him to step out....

My arms hurt from holding the bow up, it's been maybe an hour and he hasn't stepped a foot out. I couldn't feel my legs and I was getting impatient. "Take a breathe of fresh air, it'll be your last." I muttered.

Nobody's POV

Leo had just stopped dancing with Aquarius and was hot, they had danced for awhile. Aquarius out her hands in front of her and looked at him. "It's hot in here." Leo said. "Ya, let's step out on the balcony." Aquarius said while fanning herself.

Leo nodded and snaked a hand around her waist while walking next to her, Aquarius gave him a 'do anything else or I'll kill you' look.

Aries POV

Finally! I wanted to get this over with I saw him and his dance partner step outside and lean on the edge. Damn it, that girl is there. I swore to myself I would only kill my target and not get anyone injured or killed.

I switched positions to get the feeling back in my feet. I took a deep breath and pulled the arrow back. Right in the head, quick and easy. I could hear the wood of the bow cream as the arrow was pulled back as much as possible.

I took careful aim and let the arrow whiz through the air.

Aquarius POV

I was chatting with Leo until I heard something whizzing through the air, I knew all to well it was an arrow. I grabbed Leo and pulled him to the ground, he dropped his glass of wine, spilling the scarlet liquid all over my dress.

I heard the crash of the window being broken behind me and shard of glass clinking to the ground. I winced at a sharp pain in my arm, the arrow must have nicked me. "Oh my god." Leo breathed next to me.

I stood up and looked into the horizon, seeing if I could spot the attacker. They think they know a thing or two about hunting?! I'll show them what hunting really is!  I looked at Leo with a concerned face. "Are you ok?" I helped him up.

"Yes." His eyes widened as he saw my dress. "YOU'RE BLEEDING!!!! HEALER!" He screeched. "No no calm down it was only your wine!" I explained. He relaxed and then saw the thin cut on my arm. "You're still bleeding..." He said. "Oh this is nothing, what's more important is that someone tried to KILL you!" I walked back in the room and saw the arrow lodged into the wall.

Everyone was frozen with terror.

Aries POV

Damn it all! I missed! This was the first time I failed killing my target, seems that girl has more to her then she seems. When she tried looking for me I felt my heart skip a beat, looks like there might be more casualties along with this target.

I climbed down the tree and threw my bow on the ground with anger. I heard the crack of it breaking. I'm going to have to try from a closer distance next time....

I walked through the dark town, all the lights were off and I easily walked in the streets. I was so tired, it's been at least two days since I slept. I reached the dilapidated building I called home and walked up the stairs.

"Did you do it?" My boss squinted at me. "No sir, I was gathering information." I lied, too ashamed to admit that I missed. "Take your time, but I suggest you join the competition to get closer to him." He said in a sinister voice.

Just the thing I was avoiding is now right in my face. I hated royalty with a passion, let alone live with them? I looked at the yellow paper again and then at his boss. "Yes sir..." I sighed. "Good, be there in the morning."

Nobody's POV

Well that party got crashed and somebody almost died, good day to become king isn't it? Aquarius was getting her am wrapped up by Cancer and Leo was still in shock of what just happened.

Virgo felt so guilty, she felt like she should have for seen it, but it didn't give her a vision, it must not be major enough, but someone almost died!

Scorpio had no idea what was going on because he was in the restroom the whole time because he didn't want to dance or be around people.

Gemini POV

The perfect time to steal, everyone in shock and distracted. I went for the same door with all the diamond necklaces and tried the door, it was locked. "Looking for this?" He twirled a key around his finger. "Really? Are you my babysitter?" I put my hands on my hips. "If you keep trying to steal then yes." He sassed.

"As long as I am here then I will not allow you to steal from my dearest friend, and have you no shame? Stealing when he almost died, you should he with him and asking if he is ok. Oh and out of all the things you could steal you choose the one with the most sentimental value to him? Those are his dead mother's." He scoffed and walked away.

His words stung and I actually felt guilty for once. I pulled my hand from the doorknob and walked over to where Leo was huddled in a blanket. "Hey, you ok?"