Being a healer hurts

Cancer POV
You know what's funny about being a healer? You heal others and yet you can't heal yourself, after seeing countless people die there is no way to heal yourself, your already dead, numb to the idea of death.

I washed my hands under the cold water, scrubbing my hands until they felt raw. I always had some sort of blood on my hands, I can never seem to get away from death. I had just went into town to help a friend and her sick child. I couldn't save him, I did everything I could, no, I didn't do enough and now I had to watch a mother mourn and weep for her lost son.

I felt tears prickle in my eyes but I quickly rubbed them away, no crying, it only made me feel worse and made me blame myself. It wasn't my fault, or was it! I was caught in a storm of my conflicted feelings and all I could do was wait it out.

"Cancer?" I weakened voice called. I turned my head and saw Capricorn broken and battered. It was the worst injuries he came back with. "What happened?!" I asked while easing him on the bed. "I think I pushed too hard." He groaned. I peeled away the blood soaked cloth from his wound and the metallic sick smell of blood attacked my nose.

"You'll be fine." I crushed an herb into paste and then focused on cleaning the wound. "It hurts...." He whimpered. "Open." I ordered. He obeyed and I popped in another herb. "Chew and swallow." I continued carefully taking the cloth off.

He chewed it and he made a sour face and swallowed it. "It's a pain killer and it will make you a bit drowsy." I informed and finished taking the bits of cloth off. He had deep cuts along his torso and one across his cheek, under his eye, it was clear this wasn't just training.

I would ask him later but for now I focused on him. I pressed the damp rag on his stomach and lightly pushed down. "Apply pressure." I muttered to myself. He took a sharp intake of breathe as I pushed down.

He was slowly closing his eyes, the herb taking effect. I rubbed the paste into the open wound and flinched at the squishy feeling of open flesh. When I pulled my fingers back they were stained with blood. "Prevent infection." I quietly said.

I took the long white bandages and tightly wrapped it around his stomach. I could feel him flinch at the pain he was still feeling. I then moved on to the more minor injuries. I took gauze and dabbed the cuts, cleaning it throughly before taping small pieces of bandage of his cheek and the other cuts littering his chest.

I was breathing heavily, I stopped the blood, disinfected, and wrapped. I stopped to think, making sure I didn't miss a step. I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw him sleeping soundly with a slightly pained face.

I went to the sink and quickly washed my hands, rubbing them raw again and then rinsing my hot face. The cold water felt heavenly on my burning skin. I sat on a stool and held my head with my hands, the loose strands of hair falling and covering my face.

Virgo POV

"I'm so bored." I said plainly. "Then find something to do." Aquarius was checking out the dresses in the armoire. I still remembered what Leo told me not to tell Aquarius and honestly I didn't care, but I would keep my word.

A small knock came on the door. Aquarius opened the door and was tightly hugged by Gemini. At first I though she was being attacked but I relaxed after seeing Gemini's sweet face. "What are you ladies doing?" She hummed. "Oh nothing, I'm just checking out dresses." Aquarius hung the dress she held back in the closet.

"And I am doing nothing, literally." I sighed. "Did you hear? Leo is having a party tomorrow it's to celebrate him being officially King!" Gemini was so excited. "Oh really?" Aquarius put a hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow.

"Uh huh!" Gemini nodded wildly. "Interesting." I said.

Scorpio POV

I have been staring at the paper for almost two days, I wanted to get rid of it but I thought this good he a good chance to redeem myself, if I win everybody would forget that I am murderer and rogue. I pushed my black hair out of my face as I continued to stare at the paper.

I got up and folded the paper back into my pocket. "Yo where you going? It's after dark." A man said. "To make history." I smirked and grabbed my shawl. I walked in the dark, but I was used to this so I memorized my way to town

I saw the light from the town, I need to get through without being seen. I was too lazy to be stealthy so I just went around. (Lol) I found the dirt path that led to the castle and followed it. I arrived at the massive doors, I didn't know if I should knock...but I did.

They creaked open and I was welcomed with a warm breeze from inside and the smell of marvelous cooking, my stomach growled in response. "Hello, can I help you?" A young lady blinked. "Uh, I'm here for the competition." I answered. "Oh, please follow this way." She moved out of the way for me to enter.

As we were walking she introduced me to everyone and they responded with a hello. I was only here for the competition I shouldn't get close to any of these people. "Leo?" She said. "Yes Pisces?" He turned and then looked at the new face.

"This is Scorpio, he will be joining us for the competition." Pisces bowed. "Of course, uh, please take a seat." He offered. "Pisces will get a room ready for you." He said. Pisces ran off. So this was the king? He was quite young....about my age.

"How old are you?" I asked. "22." He responded quickly. So he was my age, huh, that makes everything more interesting. "You're the rogue aren't you?" He squinted. I was suddenly afraid that I was going to get kicked out. "I suppose if you win, rather then the reward you want remediation?" He looked deeply into my eyes, searching for any response.

"Yes sir, I would like that." I decided to be polite so I wouldn't ruin my chance. "Ok, I'll allow you to join, don't go around killing people." He warned. I nodded quickly. "Now, go find Pisces." He looked back down at his papers.