The other me

Capricorn POV

I punched the punching bag and then took a deep breath as I felt a sharp pain in my ribs. I rubbed my bandaged knuckles and continued punching it. "Cap?!" I heated Cancer's voice and I immediately held the bag. I turned to her and had a guilty face on.

"What did I tell you!" She stomped to me. "No physical activity until you say so..." I stared at the ground. "And what are you doing?" She put her hands on her hips and even tho she had to look up at me I felt small in her presence. "Doing physical activity..." I said with a guilty tone.

"Uh huh, now I'm adding two more days to your suspension of physical activity." She crossed her arms and gave a stern look, daring me to argue back. "Ok..." I sighed and grabbed my shirt. "See look! You're tearing the skin that has healed, now it has to heal again." She pointed at the bloody bandage around my chest.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered. She sighed and made me sit down on the ground. She peeled the bandages off and replaced them with fresh ones. "Now, do not strain yourself and tear it again." She warned. I nodded and grunted as I stood up.

I put my shirt on and turned back to look at her. "Is something bothering you?" I said with a concerned look on my face. "No I'm fine." She seemed to smile sadly. I didn't want to push so I let her off the hook and left the room.

Cancer flashback 3 years ago

I stood there in the shadows with my head hung low and a sneer on my face, it was time. I blinked and I found myself outside in the rain, what had happened? I walked inside my house and was greeted by my mother, father, and brother.

"We were so worried!" She hugged me tightly. "You idiot, I was worried about you." My brother ruffled my hair. My father had his arms crossed, looking disappointed in me.

Something didn't seem right, I couldn't remember what happened. My long hair was soaked and was dripping on the floor. Mother had brought a towel and dried my hair until it was sticking out everywhere. "Now time for bed." She said. I nodded obediently and walked into my room, I had changed my wet clothes into warm dry ones.

I went into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, I looked the same as always, long blue hair, innocent, couldn't harm a fly even if I wanted to.

Let

Let...me take...over. A voice in my head rasped. I looked around, my heartbeat rising. "What?" I asked. It...is...time. The voice echoed in my head. "Time for what?" I whispered. Let me in.... It spoke. "No!" I yelled quietly.

Let me in....I want to take over...relax and it'll all be over...let me....in. It repeated this over and over again. I couldn't breathe, it felt like I was underwater. Almost there....let me in... It whispered. I let out an ear piercing scream and I blacked out.

I opened my eyes and cackled, I was finally back. "Honey?!" My mother came running in. I faked my innocent appeal as I stood up and dusted myself off. "Sorry mother, just need some water." I giggled as I passed and then sneered behind her back.

I went into the kitchen, she followed me to make sure I was ok, even easier. I'm a flash I grabbed a steak knife and turned around. My mother gasped. "Cancer? What's wrong?" She started backing away. "Oh mother, I feel like killing, I'll start with you." I lunged forward and plunged the knife in her stomach.

She gave a choked gasp as I pulled it out and let her fall on the floor. "Mother?" My brother walked into the kitchen and gasped at me and then our mom. "What the hell?" His eyes widened. I threw the knife and it lodged itself in his chest, blood spurted from the wound and splashed on my face.

He gurgled on his blood and fell backward. Now father's turn. I grabbed the next knife I saw, a butcher's knife and searched the house. "Oh faaather." I sang and ran a finger down the edge of the knife. I could hear rapid pants and I laughed, he was hiding, how pathetic.

I opened the closet and saw him hiding in the corner. "Are you a coward?" I dragged him out and threw him on the ground. He grunted as his head thumped on the floor. Blood already seeped from his head and stained the floor. "Goodnight father." I brought the knife down, blood exploded and painted her scarlet.

"Well time to go!" I smiled and shut my eyes.

I woke up a blinked, a sticky liquid fell into my eyes, making me blink

I woke up a blinked, a sticky liquid fell into my eyes, making me blink. I sat up and flinched at the squelch noise. My hands were sticky as well I looked at them and screamed, they were crimson red. I looked around and almost threw up, my entire family was slaughtered and the entire house was splattered with streaks of red.

All of their eyes were open and glazed. I sobbed, the water from my eyes creating a clean path among my blood soaked face. I did this, I was a murderer. I breathed in and out. "I heard screams from in there!" A voice shouted. I gasped and ran out the back door, grabbing a knife just in case.

I panted as I stopped to take a break. I stared at the knife that was sleek with the blood of my family. "Child?" I gasped, turning around and flattening myself out against a tree.

"Do not be frightened, I saw everything." A hunched over women said slowly. "Please don't hurt me..." I pleaded. "I won't, I offer you a cure for your problem." She whispered. "A cure?" I was tempted. "Yes, that wasn't you who killed everyone in there now was it?" She asked.

"It wasn't." I dry sobbed again. "Here, take this once a week and the other person working you cannot be awakened." She held out a bottle filled with glowing blue liquid. "Are you a witch?" I asked. "Indeed I am, now don't tell anyone I was here, I advise you to change your look unless you want to get caught." She said and then walked deeper into the dark forest.

I took the knife and a handful of my hair and cleanly sliced it, my silken hair falling to the ground in clumps.

Present time.

I reflected on the memory, today was the very day I had murdered them all.