Broken promise

Taurus POV

Frantic hands shook me awake from my peaceful sleep. I grit my teeth in frustration, after I just got to bed too. "WHAAAAT?!" I shoved the person off me. "I'm sorry! The beast is coming!" Libra's blonde curls bounced with each step.

"The beast....?" I quickly got up and rushed out the door. Everyone was gathered in the foyer and were mumbling quietly. I gulped, it was finally happening, we could get rid of this horrid thing forever and carry on with our lives.

Nobody POV

Leo walked into the room, looking dazed and slightly hungover. "Too much sugar..." He groaned. "So what do we do king?" Scorpio crossed his arms. "We fight." Leo said shortly. "Oh, I thought we were going to let the damn thing slaughter the whole village!" Scorpio said sarcastically.

He grunted as Virgo elbowed him and then glanced at Aquarius. "Oh...sorry." He bit the inside of his cheek. "Don't worry about it, and besides, I will skin the thing from the head down and impale it's head on my sword." Aquarius said happily. "Ok then..." Aries blinked.

"Cancer will be on standby for any injuries, if things get too bad then we retreat, don't hesitate about it, hesitation will kill you on the battlefield." Leo said with his chest slightly puffed out. He actually sounded like a leader for once.

"Long distance fighter stay in the back, melee you're on the front lines." He ordered. "Yes sir!" Gemini saluted him. Libra walked beside Taurus. "Sorry hon' I have to fight, be back soon." She winked. Taurus raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

Leo quietly walked up to Aquarius. "Please be careful, don't let rage blind you, promise me you'll come back alive." He warned. "I promise!" She smiled. "Let's move." Leo ordered. The ground was moist, not good, that would make it harder to run. "Damn why'd it have to rain." Libra hissed.

The hears a quiet snarl in the distance. "What? It's this close to the castle already?!" Gemini gasped. "One of us must smell tasty to it..." Scorpio said quietly. "I can't blame it for wanting some of this." She motioned to herself.

"Oh shut it." Aries snapped. "Rude." Libra made a face at him. A loud scratching noise was heard. Just by hearing it you could tell that those claws could tear through skin like butter. A low huff came through the bushes.

Aquarius whipped both her blades out and put them in front of her. "You coming or do I have to come after you?" She growled. A shattering roar tore through the sky as a shadowed figure jumped out the bushes and lashed out at her.

Aquarius jumped back, avoiding its claws and sharp teeth. "Holy...." Scorpio gaped at the massive monster. "Shit." Gemini finished. Libra notched an arrow and shot it, the arrow bounced off its scaly skin and dropped to the ground. "What the hell?!" Libra screamed.

It growled as its green eyes fixated on Libra. It hissed and galloped and a surprising speed towards her. Aries shoved her out of the way and the skid on the ground. "Watch what you're doing next time." He said coldly and got up.

Aries chucked a knife at it and it seemed to make a small cut, the beast made a guttural noise in its throat. Aquarius sliced her sword at its side, red blood burst from the wound. "You killed my family, now you'll suffer." She sliced again

The beast jumped back and raised a massive paw. Aquarius ducked and rolled. "So you're smart aren't you?" She laughed. Gemini leaped on top of it, took a dagger and stabbed it in the back. It released a noise of pain but didn't show signs of weakness.

The beast threw Gemini off and she landed on her feet. The beast raised its head and let out a giant roar as if gathering strength. It's eyes turned red and puffs of white smoke came from its nostrils everyone it breathed.

It snapped it jaws at air as Aries leaped back and then sliced its nose. It frantically turned its head, looking for a way to escape. Then it caught sight of Aquarius and her determined face. The beast seemed to smile as it charged.

Aquarius couldn't hide the fear in her face, she hesitated and jumped to the side, the beast predicted her movement and swung a paw at her. It struck her square in the stomach, the claws tearing through her skin, like ripping paper. The force launched her into a tree and she slid down, unmoving.

The beast let or rapid breathes as if laughing. I will be back, stronger then ever, you were fools to ever cross paths with me. It spoke with a deep demonic voice and then ran off, the loud footsteps thudding way.

"Oh my god Aquarius!" Gemini found her laying in a puddle of blood with three long and huge claw marks across her stomach, the skin was shredded, not just sliced. "Is she alive?!" Libra slung her bow across her body and put her ear on her chest.

"Barely, someone carry her!" Libra yelled. Aries came forward first, with a few scratches here and there but overall fine. He lifted her fragile and broken body up and began running.

They rammed through the doors. "Hey did you beat....it.." His words slowed as he saw Aquarius dripping blood in Aries hands. Cancer gasped and rushed to him. "Put her down." She said. Aries gently placed her ok the red carpet, making it an even darker shade of red.

Cancer quickly lifted her shirt and placed a clean cloth over her and pressed down. "Stop bleeding." She muttered. Cancer felt nervous with all the people watching. Leo stood there, still registering what he just saw. Taurus stood next to him just in case if something bad were to happen.

"Please live..." Virgo prayed. Pisces was turned away, she felt her stomach turn at the amount of blood seeping out of one person. "The bleeding won't stop!" Cancer pressed even harder. Scorpio's throat was dry and he could feel his heart cracking at the sight of her.

Libra was sobbing on Aries's shoulder, who was staring at the ground intensely. Cancer placed the completely blood soaked cloth to the side and put another one on her. Aquarius's face was turning pale at the loss of blood and Cancer could feel the warmth rushing out of her body.

She couldn't save her, it was too much blood! Cancer but her lip so hard a drop of blood dripped down her chin. Capricorn limped into the room and gulped at the pool of blood as well as Cancer sitting in it.

She put an ear to Aquarius's chest, the heart beat slowed. "No! You better live!" She started yelling. Leo felt a single tear drop down his face. Her heartbeat slowed until it beat one more time and then ended. Cancer sat back in defeat, staring at the person she couldn't save, and started sobbing.

Gemini covered her mouth and the tears started pouring out. Virgo felt her eyes water and begin to flow. Leo slid to his knees and stared at the body. Taurus put a supportive arm around him as he shed a tear himself. Leo wailed loudly, pounding the floor, yelling at her to come back. He lifted his head mournfully and once again glanced at her torn up body and cried all over again.