Transparent

Aquarius POV

I opened my eyes and saw the bright sun gleam into my eyes, making me squint. I felt soft grass with dewdrops around me and the leafy trees hunching over me. I sat up and looked at my hands. "I'm back? How?" I looked around.

"Just some magic." Ophichus whispered in my ear. I stood up and felt my legs wobble a little. I heard chattering of a nearby town and when I turned back I saw the castle in view. "Good thing I took that chance." I mumbled.

I walked along the dirt road until I was at the entrance. People seemed to ignore me as I walked through the town. "Uh excuse me-" the person walked right through me. I forgot I was a ghost, this was going to be difficult.

I sighed a walked up the pathway to the castle. The atmosphere didn't feel right, it felt heavy....  "Oooo I smell a soul hanging on to the body." Ophichus was like the little devil that sat on your shoulder, giving had advice.

I walked through the door and the air instantly felt heavy and suffocating. The castle was dimly lit even though it was bright outside. "What happened here?" I looked around. "People seem to be taking your death pretty hard, I didn't know how much of value you were to them." He said.

"I didn't either..." I whispered. I saw Virgo walking down the hallway. "Oh Virgo!" I called, expecting her to hear me. She continued walking on and minding her own business. "Damn it I keep forgetting." I slapped my forehead.

I sighed, it was pretty lonely when nobody saw or answered you and I had only been a ghost for 5 minutes. I was walking the hallways until I saw Gemini pacing back and forth in front of a door. "Should I steal it or not..." She was biting her fingernails anxiously.

She was a thief?! I walked through Gemini, she paused her walking as a shiver ran through her. "Why is it so cold?..." She complained. "I'll do it tomorrow." She opened the door to her room and shut it. "That's what I thought." I huffed.

I looked at the grand door to Leo's room and entered it. I blinked as I saw Cancer's head resting on Leo's bed, her hand intwined with his. Leo was sound asleep but he looked dreadfully pale. "So I was gone for a few days and he already moved on?" I scoffed.

I couldn't blame him, he probably hates me anyway. The door suddenly opened and Cancer shot her head up. "He drank a drug." It was Aries. "A drug?" Cancer blinked the sleep out of her eyes. I listened carefully.

"He drank too much of a drug and it almost killed him, and he did it on purpose." Aries explained. "That explains it." Cancer sighed and looked at Leo, who didn't wake up to the noise of the door. "Poor thing." Cancer sympathized for him. He almost killed himself? I found it hard to believe but that's what they said.

"He is stable for now, I just need to get some food in him." Cancer stood up. "I'll walk you." Aries offered. Cancer smiled and accepted, finally leaving the room. I gulped, I needed to talk to him. I took a piece of paper off his desk and grabbed a pen, it was hard to hold but I finally concentrated enough to keep it in my hand.

I wrote a messy hello on it. I took the paper and dropped it on his face. His eyes slowly blinked open and sat up. "What the." He looked around. I bit my lip as he read it. "Hello?" He said out loud. As he was reading it again I grabbed another paper and wrote. It's me. I dropped the pen on the desk, making a noise to get his attention.

He took the sheets off and walked over to his desk. "Who?" He said after reading it. I groaned in frustration. I glanced at the chalkboard he had. I picked up the piece of chalk. His eyes widened at the floating piece of chalk.

"What the hell?!" He gasped. I wrote in big ragged letters. I'm back. I saw him take a step back, maybe I should make it less scary....I erased the chalk and again wrote. It's Aquarius. He almost choked on air as the letters of my name formed on the board. "What?" He had to sit down on the bed.

I'm sorry for leaving you. I wrote. I'm sorry for making you suffer. He watched quietly as I explained. I cannot rest in peace until I finish my unfinished business. I added a sad face at the end. "What is your unfinished business?" Leo asked. You and the beast. I said shortly.

"Leo I'm back with some food!" Cancer exclaimed. I dropped the chalk quickly. Leo stood up and walked to Cancer. "Thank you." He smiled warmly. Cancer glanced at the board. "Why did you write that?" She seemed concerned with his mental health.

"Oh that? That's the starting of a poem I might write." Leo laughed nervously. "Oh." Cancer handed him the soup. I had the weirdest idea. I walked behind Cancer and stuck a hand in her. She froze and gave a shiver. I then stepped inside her body. She gasped and then I felt my mind swap with her's.

"Leo?" I turned around and looked at him. "Yes Cancer?" He looked up from his soup. "It isn't Cancer, it's Aquarius." I said. "What how?" He dropped the spoon in the bowl. "I stepped into her body...." I confessed. "You possessed her?!" He gasped. "I guess you can say that.." I said nervously. "How did you come back?" He said with an astonished look on his face.

"Death let me go for a moment." I said. "I won't be able to stay forever." I said sadly. Leo's face dropped, he had finally seen me and he couldn't even be with me. "I understand." He said quietly.

"One task is finished." Ophichus whispered. I took a deep breath and stepped out of Cancer's body. She looked around dazed and confused. "What happened?" She held her head.

"Oh nothing." Leo continued to eat his soup.