Chapter 37: The First Exam and The Forest of Death

Sasuke pov

Everything had been sorted out by now. Sakura told me about her illness, and I had trouble understanding. The thing that stuck most was when she told me she was in love with me. Most girls say they love me, and that they're head-over-heels with me. When Sakura said she was in love with me, that meant she didn't care whether or not I didn't. She didn't care if I hurt her, because she truly loves me.

Naruto pov

It looks like Sasuke finally understands that Sakura loves him. Hehe, I'm the BEST matchmaker in the history of matchmaking, if I do say so myself. I'll admit it was hard, but nothing's too hard for the great Naruto Uzumaki! I'll admit, I do like Sakura. But Teme needs somebody in his life to straighten him out.

Anyway, today is the first day of the Chuunin exams. "Bye, Naruto! Have a great day and kick ass!" Mom yelled as I left the house.

"Alright, I'll try!" I yelled back.

I met up with my other teammates. "Good morning Sakura-chan, Teme!"

"Good morning, Naruto!"

"Hn, Dobe."

"Really Sasuke-kun? That's all you can say, "Hn."? You weren't talking so little to me a few moments ago," Sakura scolded Sasuke and the tips of his ears got red.

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Yeah, Teme!"

I was doing a little victory dance when she interrupted me. "But Naruto, don't push it. Who knows what Sasuke-kim is capable of."

Sakura pov

We reached the building where the first exam would take place. As we entered, we climbed up the stairs to meet Kakashi to give him our permission slips. After he told us where to go, some weirdo with think eyebrows came up to the three of us.

"Hello!" He said. "I am Rock Lee!"

"Uh...hi?"

He suddenly got teary-eyed. "Oh, thank you Cherry Blossom! That's the first time anyone's replied to me other than Gai-sensei!"

I sweatdropped. "Then you haven't met many decent people!"

"I've met you, now—"

"What do you want?" Sasuke asked boredly.

"Oh, yes. I want to fight you!"

"For...?"

"Do I need a reason?"

"Most people do."

"Well, then I'll fight you for...Sakura-chan!"

It annoyed me that they would treat me as a trophy. "Sasuk—"

"Deal."

I exploded. "What the hell?" I punched the both of them.

Timeskip

"I'm so sorry, Blossom!" Lee cried out. 

"For the twentieth time, it's fine. Just go back to your team, because I've gotta go enter the Chuunin exams."

"As you wish, Sakura!"

He dashed off.

The first exam was so stupid. It was really testing our determination. It ended up that I did all the questions for nothing! Like, what is this?

But, Naruto made me really proud. I thought he would give up, but he really just boosted everyone's confidence but declaring he didn't care about status. He told everyone about his dream, which made my heart melt. I was incredibly proud to call him my teammate.

After that, a woman with dark purple hair crashed into the room. I think her name is Anko, because I've seen her around before. She's pretty preppy, but my thoughts stop when she scratches Naruto with a kunai. That makes my blood boil, so just when I was about to beat the crap out of her, Sasuke grabbed my hand. After my confession, Sasuke had kind of been ignoring me. I get that though, I get that because it's a huge step. I don't think Sasuke is ready. His heart is still set in revenge, and I fear that he might even leave the village. He might leave me.

"Alright. Attention, maggots!" Anko began to explain the rules of the second exam. After deciding to give Sasuke the scroll, we went over to where we were supposed to enter. I readied myself, looking at my teammates and smirked. They smirked back, and at once, all three of us shot into the Forest of Death.

Sakura Blooms! [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें