Chapter 34: Chuunin Exams!

Sasuke pov

Soon after that memory played, I heard someone crying my name. "...uke? Sasuke-kun! Wake up!" The voice trembled, then spoke again. "I swear if you die..." By this time, I could use all five senses.

I tasted the iron in my mouth, someone--a girl, mind you--hugging me, speaking to me, pleading for me to wake up. I groaned and opened my eyes to see my pink-haired teammate crying on my chest. She froze and looked up. Her eyes widened. "SASUKE-KUN!" Sakura hugged me, and I flinched from the needles still stuck in my body. Sasuke-kun? That's new.

"Sakura...you're squishing me." I said tiredly.

"Oh! I-I'm sorry. I'm just so glad, I thought you had di--" Her voice cracked again and she wiped her eyes and nose. Then she hugged me again, but gentler. I felt something in my stomach flutter and I felt warm inside, like when I got hugs from my mother when I was little.

2 weeks later

Naruto pov

Sakura-chan is still upset about that mission from a couple of weeks. She's been quieter too. Although she won't laugh, she'll crack a smile now and then. "Sakura-chan!" I said. "Want to train with me and Sasuke?"

"S-sure." She didn't seem to be very sure, but at least she didn't decline this time. I also noticed awkward tension between her and Teme. I will admit that I was jealous that he got a hug from Sakura-chan. He should know that I like her! Unless...he likes her too...

Sasuke pov

I know Naruto was jealous when Sakura hugged me, and I know he likes her. That last fact annoys me, though. That idiot with Sakura? Aww, is Sasu-cakes jealous of Naruto being with Sakura? Have you ever thought that you like her too? Ya know, the usual speechlessness, the butterflies in your stomach, etc.

I mentally rolled my eyes. I don't like her. Is that so? Because I remember that warm, fuzzy feeling when she hugged us. Fine, maybe I do. But it's not anything that big. Well, you'd better get her before the Dobe does. I cringed at the thought of Naruto and Sakura.

"Teme? Hellooo?" A hand waved in front of my face.I smacked it.

"There's no need for that, Dobe?" I heard Sakura giggle.

"Anyway, hey! Where's Kakashi-sensei? He's late!"

"Naruto-kun...you should know by now."

We ended up waiting 3 hours, and all three of us were sitting now. The order went from left to right, Naruto, Me, and Sakura. I made sure that Sakura was only sitting next to me. She was napping when Kakashi poofed up and scared her.

"Ne, Kakashi-sensei, you scared me!"

After 20 more minutes of waiting, he passed the Chuunin exams permission slips.

"Alright! We're gonna be in the Chuunin exams!"