Chapter 22: Teamwork?

Sasuke pov

My stomach growled for the fifth time. Dammit, I'm hungry! I don't have any energy left to get out of here...

I heard someone trudging towards me. I turned my head to look, and saw pink. "Sakura!" I said. Then someone tripped over my head and went sprawling.

Sakura pov

"Sakura!"

I heard a voice and looked ahead of me. Must be my imagination. As I was hauling Naruto, I tripped on something and we both went sprawling. On top of each other. I quickly realized the position and got off of Naruto and helped him up. I looked to see what tripped me. "Sasuke?" I asked.

"Where?" yelled Naruto. Then he spotted Sasuke, in the ground, with only his head visible. We looked at each other, and nodded. "BWAHAHAHDKYNCHS!!! OH MY GOD, HOW DID YOU GET IN THIS SITUATION? OH MY GOD, THIS IS TOO FUNNY!"

I was rolling on the ground, just laughing with Naruto. The great and almighty Uchiha was stuck in the ground!

After we got all our laughs out, I went over to Sasuke. "Did you realize this was a genjutsu?"

"Yes, but I couldn't move my hands!" He he...that was a complete lie.

"I'm going to offer you a deal. If I get you out, you'll have to try my plan, okay?" He nodded. I put my hands together to make a hand sign, and release!

Suddenly Sasuke was out of the ground dusting himself off. "What's your plan?"

"We all gang up on him. We use teamwork. If you haven't noticed, it's impossible for one of us to take on a jounin separately."

Naruto pov

I listened in on Sakura-chan's mini debriefing, when my stomach growled again. "Oh man! I'm soooo hungry! Believe it!" I whined. Sasuke's stomach growled too and we both were embarrassed. If we'd been as thoughtful as Sakura, we wouldn't be in this mess!

Sakura pov

I sighed and scolded them both. "I thought something would happen, so I brought some small snacks." Naruto was jumping with joy and Sasuke just sat there. I reached into my bag and took out some granola bars. I divided them equally between the boys. They both got two, and I got one. "I'm sorry I couldn't bring anything else..there wasn't a lot of room in my bag."

"It's fine, Sakura-chan! Besides, I think you're really smart in order to think this far ahead!" Naruto said kindly. He smiled at me and I did likewise. After the boys gobbled their food down, I heard the alarm that Kakashi set go off.

"Dammit! We're out of time!" I muttered.

All three of us went to where we had began this test. Kakashi appeared and scolded us. He even tied Sasuke and Naruto to the poles! "Sasuke: you abandoned your comrades in their time of need. Those who brake the rules of shinobi are considered scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum. You left Sakura with an injured Naruto because of your ambitions. Naruto: you're always too impatient! You need to think of a strategy before charging on the opponent. If you keep on doing reckless things, it'll harm those near you."

He cut the rope on Sasuke and told him," The only reason I let you go is because I was impressed with your jutsu." He gave him a bento box and told him to start eating, but he wasn't allowed to give Naruto anything.

Kakashi gave me a bento box and told me to follow him. "I'm going to do something real quick, and if you give Naruto any food, you fail."

We hid in the tees and watched to see what they would do. "Let me guess: you're testing to see if Sasuke will give Naruto food." He nodded and looked at me with slight admiration.

"You're pretty smart for a genin."

I was shocked. Did he just call me a genin? "Did I--"

"Yes. So far, only you have... We'll have to see what Sasuke does."