Chapter 19: Bell Test

Naruto pov

"Sakura-chan likes me! Believe it!" I yelled to my mom. I blushed at the thought of her hugging me.

"That's great Naruto, I'm happy Sakura likes you!" Oka-saan squealed. "And she's so pretty! I love her pink hair! KAWAII!!"

I rolled my eyes. Oka-saan was getting more excited than I was. "Good night, mom."

"Good night, Naruto." She kissed my forehead and exited, quietly shutting the door. Sakura-chan...

The next morning...

I woke up and stared at the wall for 10 minutes...HOLY SHIT WHAT TIME IS IT?? I quickly looked at the alarm clock: 5:49. I still have a chance. Kaka-Baka is always late! I pulled on my jumpsuit and ran out of the house after shoving kunai, shuriken, and more into my pouch.

After 15 minutes of running, I reached the training grounds and saw Sakura-chan sitting down, with Sasuke standing and leaning against a pole. They weren't talking to each other. "You're late!" Sakura-chan said.

"Gomen! I slept in!" I replied sheepishly.

"Tch. Dobe."

"What was that?...Teme." I yelled.

"Whiskers!"

"Duckass!"

"Di--"SRJJIGVXSZCFDDGJ...

Dammit. I didn't eat, and by the looks of it, Sasuke didn't either.

I looked at Sakura. "Sakura-chan! Aren't you hungry?" I whined.

Sakura pov

I smirked. Haha! I just knew Kakashi was going to be late, so I ate breakfast, not to mention, I also brought snacks. "No. Because I ate!"

"Eh?" Naruto said.

"You see Naruto-kun, I knew Kakashi was going to be late, so I ate."

"Do you have anything with you?" he asked hungrily.

"Maybe, maybe not." I replied slyly.

Suddenly Kakashi appeared out of nowhere. "YOU'RE LATE!!" Me and Naruto yelled.

"Gomen! I just got lost on the path of life."

I sneered and said,"What's the mission?"

Kakashi held up two bells and said,"Your goal, of this mission, is to get the bells."

"There are only two." I noted.

"That's because whoever doesn't get the bell, fails and gets sent back to the academy."

Naruto gulped. All right, we have to get one of the bells. We must get stronger! CHA!

"In order to receive a bell, you must be prepared to kill me."

"All right!" Yelled Naruto.

"Naruto!" I yelled as he ran at Kakashi with s kunai knife.

Kakashi moved very quickly and somehow, the kunai was at Naruto's head.

"Well, even if I didn't say begin, you came at me with the inten to kill. Hm...I'm beginning to think that I like you guys! Begin!"

I threw a smoke bomb at the ground and disappeared. I was hiding in a bush, waiting for a chance to grab a bell.

After five minutes of watching Naruto and Kakashi fight, Naruto ended up dangling upside down from a tree branch.

"Help, Sakura-chan!"

I checked to see the coast clear, and then I snuck my way over to where Naruto was. Then it hit me. Help...we needed to help each other! This is all about teamwork!

"Naruto! I need you to listen carefully. This whole entire thing is about teamwork. We need to work together in order to get the bells! I mean, why else would we have a team of three? Kakashi added the two bells part to throw us off!"

Naruto's eyes widened.

"Boo!" someone whispered in my ear. I turned around and immediately began an attack. I threw a shuriken at the rope binding Naruto, and he was set free.

"C'mon! Let's use teamwork!" I shouted.