Chapter 32: Embracing It

Sakura pov

"SASUKE!"

I darted towards the ice mirrors, forgetting about Tazuna. My heart was beating like crazy, and the adrenaline rush gave me even more energy to move faster. Skidding to a stop, I peeked and almost dropped the kunai in my hand.

"Why, Sasuke?"  Naruto was kneeling, with Sasuke lying on his legs, needles upon needles sticking out of him.

"My body just moved on it's own, Naruto, protect Sakura at all costs..." Then he slumped down.

This was almost exactly like my dream... My eyes started to tear up.  "S-Sasuke.."

He didn't move. I checked for his pulse, and it was still there, gradually getting slower and slower. "Sakura-chan?" I looked up.

"Naruto, what have you learned so far about this guy?"

"Tem--Sasuke found out that we can only get him when he's outside if the mirrors, he can multiply himself using the mirrors, and that he's slowing down."

I nodded. "I'll distract him while you can get Sasuke to safety."

"But Sakura-chan, you'll--"

"I'll be fine." Sighing, he reluctantly picked up Sasuke and stood up, wincing. "Wait for the right moment."

I turned to face the kid in the mirrors who had been watching us carefully. "Shadow clone jutsu!" I created a clone for every guy in the mirror, so hopefully that gives Naruto enough time.

Ten minutes later....

I stood in the center of the ice mirrors panting, with needles sticking out of me. In anger I charged again, creating more clones, and getting even more frustrated at each failure. "Have you never seen a comrade die before?" The guy taunted. Now I really want to punch him, CHA! I gritted my teeth and checked on my chakra status. We've used more than half. Now we should actually come up with a plan to beat this guy.

"No!" I finally answered him. "And I don't plan on that either!" I charged again, infusing my fist with chakra. I was struck again and again.

"Why won't you just give up? It would be much easier."

"Because I refuse to let my loved ones down any longer!" And with that, I felt a deep something in the pit of my stomach, washing over me like a title wave. Hurry! Take control of the nine tails before it's too late! I closed my eyes quickly, putting my hands together as I usually do when thinking. As I opened my eyes, I could tell it hadn't worked from the way my eyes were a reddish colour in the mirror. So this time, instead of avoiding it, I embraced it.