Chapter 24: Confessions

Sasuke pov

After we passed Kakashi told us to rest, because tomorrow Team 7 was going to get their first mission. Instead, I snuck out to training grounds 16 to hone my skills. As I was heading on over, I saw a spot of pink near the waterfall. I decided not to show myself just yet.

Sakura pov

It was around 9:30 when I decided to train. I headed on over to training grounds 16, since I couldn't sleep anyway. After an hour of punching, kicking, and running, I checked my watch. 10:30. We should go home soon. Yeah, you're right Inner. Right after I cool off in the water... Then I heard a noise and whirled around, all the while throwing kunai at the intruder. Eww! A PERV! Thank Kami I hadn't taken anything off just yet.

"Who's there?" I called out boldly. I heard a rustling in the trees and I readied myself for an attack.

"Sakura! It's just me." I narrowed my eyes. What was he doing here?

"State your business, Sasuke." I said coolly.

He grunted. "Training." I stared at him.

"Didn't seem like that a minute ago, PERV!"

I could almost see an irk mark. Hehe. Annoying people is one of my specialties!

"It's not like I was interested in what you have," He said calmly. "You're as flat as a board." My ears pricked up, my fists were clenched with glowing green chakra, and my eye twitched. I tightened my gloves and looked up with fire in my eyes.

OH NO HE DIDN'T! C'MON LET'S BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA HIM ALREADY!!! CHAAA!!

"What was that, Sasuke-kun?" I asked sweetly in a mocking tone. That little SOB was going to pay for calling me flat chested. Even if it was true.

Sasuke pov

Oops. Hehe, I've done it now. Sakura calmly walked over to me and stopped when she was 6 feet away from me. I stared her right in the eye. She just stared at me. I could see that fury and I smirked. Then out of nowhere, she pulled on her fingerless gloves to tighten it more and punched the ground yelling, "SHANAROOOO!"

I jumped back and threw kunai at my opponent. Sakura blocked them and continued to charge forward. She was pretty fast, and I admit it was a little hard to keep up, but I managed. We ended up doing a full-out spar session with ninjutsu, taijutsu, and a little bit of genjutsu. Even if she didn't have the sharingan (which I did not have either...yet), she was pretty familiar with genjutsu, how to cast and realease it. At the end of our battle, we both called a truce and were now laying in the soft grass, all sweaty.

"You've gotten stronger, I must admit." I said.

I smiled and was glad the darkness was there when she said, "Likewise."

I glanced over at the pink haired kunoichi. Her small chest was heaving and she coughed into a handkerchief. Quickly hiding it, Sakura glanced at me and smiled.

Dugdug.

My heart was pounding as I lay next to her. "Sasuke?"

"Hn?"

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

I shrugged.

"Are you jealous of Naruto? If so, he's just a friend, ya know. Everyone pegs us as a couple, but I think it's more of a brother/sister relationship. We just trust one another, and we trust each other enough to lay our lives for each other."

I stayed quiet. She didn't like Naruto? Was this my chance to confess? I really liked Sakura, but she was also my teammate. What if she died on a mission? Oh screw this! Just confess!

Before I could say anything, she stood up. She held out her hand to help me up, and I accepted. "Sakura, I--"

Sakura pulled me into a hug, and after a moment, hugged her back, arms snaking around her back and waist. "Sasuke-kun, you know that Naruto-kun and I will always be there for you. Okay?" She whispered into my ear. She pulled away--much to my dismay-- and looked into my eyes. If I hadn't looked away, I would have been lost in those beautiful emerald orbs...

Sakura pov

I can't let anyone know about my condition. That would mean letting my team down. My attention snapped back to Sasuke after being lost in thought, and I was about to ask what was wrong. Suddenly we were at a bench under the cherry blossom trees and his lips were on mine. My eyes opened wide in suprise, but I slowly melted into the kiss. OMGOMGOMG SASUKE IS KISSING US RN!! WE ARE SO AWESOME! WAY TO GO GIRL!!! CHAAAAA!

I felt a sensation deep in my stomach as I ran my slender fingers through his black hair to deepen the kiss. I could feel him smirking as he pulled my waist closer to himself. After we both ran out of oxygen, we finally pulled away.

"That was.."

"Wow.."

Sasuke caressed my cheek and I looked straight into his eyes. I feel like my heart and soul are melting when I see the sincerity in his eyes when he says quietly, "I think I'm falling for you, Sakura Haruno." I feel myself blush and I see his cheeks tinted red too.

"I love you too." I said beaming. Then he walked me home and I couldn't stop thinking about him. We didn't hold hands (they were in his pocket), but he did glance at me every minute or so.