Chapter 2: Believe it!

2 years before the academy

Naruto pov

I sighed. WHY DID I HAVE TO BE THE HOKAGE'S SON!!! It's just so frustrating. Everyone expects so much out of me, and it doesn't help with Teme always beating me at everything! I sat on the swing in front of the academy. I just don't understand..."Hey you, blondie! Why are you so upset?"

I turned and looked behind me only no see a pink haired girl, her face looking concerned. "Who are you?" I asked. The girl stuck her hand out and said,"Sakura Haruno, nice to meet you...?" She looked at me expectantly. "Naruto Namikaze." I said after realizing she wanted to know my name.

"Oh! So you're Minato-san's son!"

I stared at her, confused. "Why are you on first name terms with my father?"

"He helped me through a lot.."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

After an awkward moment, Sakura looked at me curiously. "Why were you upset?" After explaining, she looked my in the eyes which made me see her emerald coloured and said, "Well, I think you should be more confident in yourself. You should make your own path, instead of trying so hard to achieve what you're not. No offense."

After thinking, I said "Thanks Sakura! And don't worry, from now on, I'll make my own decisions. Believe it!

Sakura smiled and was happy to help. She turned around and left Naruto to himself. "Wait! What's your dream?"

Sakura smiled. "My dream is to be the best of the best kunoichi in this village and earn the respect I want." And with that she left.