Chapter 9

"You coming out to dinner with us tonight Nicki?" Bey asked as she sat in Nicki's office watching her work.

"I don't remember being invited; when was this organised?" Nicki asked, never taking her eyes off the screen as she proof read the email she was about to send.

"The other day; I'm sure I asked you," she replied looking slightly confused. "Maybe I didn't, but anyway I'm asking you now."

"Well you know how it is with me Bey, late notice never works when I'm looking for a babysitter," She said with a shrug. "I might have to sit this one out." And just as she finished her sentence their boss made his own way in.

"Sit what out?" He asked, not caring the slightest that he was being intrusive.

"Dinner tonight, because she doesn't have a babysitter." Bey said as he walked in and placed the file on her desk. Nicki just watched not really having much to add to the situation because she could see where is was going.

"I'll watch her," he said casually as they maintained eye contact.

Nicki diverted her attention back to the computer screen before giving her response. "I can't make you do that,"

"You don't have to make me do anything, I'm offering. Christina isn't back till tomorrow so it'll me fine." He shifted his weight to his other leg and put his hands in his pocket. "It'll give me chance to spend some time with her." Bey just looked at Nicki from behind him and nodded with an enthusiastic look. "It'll only be a few hours right? And you won't be too far so I can call you if there's any issue,"

She sighed knowing he now wasn't going to drop it. "Fine, I'll bring her by." She said finally giving in causing him to smile.

"I've approved those clients and that's the paper work that they'll be signing on Monday when they come to finalise everything." He said and she nodded before taking the file to have a quick flick through herself. "I guess I'll see you tonight then?" And at that he made his way out of the office and back to his own

"Perfect," Bey said with a smile. "And Darcie will get to spend some time with her daddy." Nicki just bit her lip and decided to occupy herself with her work.

-

"Which one should I wear Darcie?" Nicki asked as she flicked through her wardrobe of dresses. "Should I wear a long one or a short one?"

"A red one," Darcie said. "Wear this one." She jumped off the bed and went to pick out the shin-length red dress that had long sleeves and a high neck. Nicki took the dress from her hands and held it out in front of her as she looked in the mirror.

"You sure princess? It's not too much for dinner?" She asked as she bit her lip. "I don't want to be over dressed." She looked over at Darcie who just shook her head. "Okay, I'll trust your judgement," Darcie giggled and nicki just chuckled before she went to get started on her hair and make-up...

She held Darcie's hand as they walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. It took a few moments, but he finally answered in a pair of grey sweats and a fitted white tee. She looked him up and refrained from biting her lip.

Their silence was broken by Darcie's who was clearly bored of her parents just looking at each other. "Daddy!" She said, her voice full of excitement. Drake looked at her and smiled before picking her up and placing a kiss on her temple.

"Hey Princess, how are you?" He asked and chucked as she moved her curls out of her face.

"I'm good," she said with a small smile that causes her dimples to slightly appear.