Chapter 3

Nicki hummed a tune as she French plaited Darcie's hair. They'd spent the whole of their Sunday just watching movies and having some well needed mother daughter time. But now it was Monday morning and they were back to their busy routine.

"Are you picking me from school today, Mommy?" Darcie asked curiously as she focused straight ahead.

"Yes baby. I get off early today so I'll be there to pick you up," she said as she tied the end of the plait. "And then we're gonna go grocery shopping. Is that okay with you," she asked as Darcie turned to face her. Darcie responded with an enthusiastic nod and a smile. "Alright princess, now go and eat your breakfast whilst I finish off get ready,"

Darcie headed to the island in their kitchen whilst Nicki made her way up the stairs to finish her look. She added some nude lipstick to her already naturalistic makeup look. She changed her hair from a side parting to a middle on and left it in its natural waviness. She brushed her hands down the material of her pencil skirt and slipped her feet into her black pumps.

Once she was happy with her look she sprayed some of her Chanel perfume that she received as a birthday gift before taking her keys and phone and heading down the stairs.

Darcie was also ready to go and and was busy playing on her iPad as she swung her legs back and forth. "Come on Darcie lets go," Nicki called from where she was stood and not long later they were on their way to drop her off at school.

-

"I can book you in for Thursday morning for a viewing of the house?" Nicki spoke to her newest client who was interested in viewing one of their newer properties. They agreed on the other end of the phone and she typed in their details. "Okay so Thursday morning at 10:30 I'll meet you there for your first viewing," she wrapped up the phone call and made sure that she had written all the details before she stood to make her way to make a coffee.

On arrival to the staff kitchen she bumped into Bey who was in the process of making her own coffee. "Make me one Bey," Nicki said as she grabbed a cup and put it next to hers.

"Asking or telling," Beyoncé side eyed her which cause Nicki to chuckle before asking her again. "When do you get off today?" She asked as she poured the hot water into mugs.

"In just over an hour. Promised Darcie I would pick her," Nicki said with a smile." Speaking of which we need to organise a play date for her and blue,"

"Yes we do," Bey agree before pass Nicki her mug. "You're free this weekend right? We could do Saturday afternoon and just take them to an indoor play area?" She suggested and Nicki nodded in agreement. "I'll find somewhere and let you know. Aside from that, have you spotted this guy who's meant to be buying shares to the company?"

Nicki shook her head with a slight pout. "I heard word around the office of share being sold but I didn't know he was here today. She move from the counter she was leaning on as Bey did the same.

"Apparently he's very attractive. I haven't seen him myself but from what I've heard he's tall and lightskin and has a beard," Bey said with a smirk. "And from what I know that's your type."

Nicki just rolled her eyes and shook her head. "That's not 'my type'." She said putting air quotations to emphasise her point.

"What did Darcie's dad look like again?" She asked before taking a sip from her coffee. Nicki rolled her eyes and started making her way out of the kitchen.

"Well I'm probably not his type so you can stop being extra,"

"Never. And of course you're his type, with all that ass." Beyoncé said as she placed a smack on Nicki's ass just as they bumped into their boss himself.