Chapter 22

Nicki gently slipped out of his hold and picked up her silk robe from the floor before putting it on and securing it around her body. She used the hair tie on her wrist to put her hair up into a bun as she headed out of her bedroom and over to Darcie's, where she found her awake and just staring at the light on her ceiling.

"Morning ladybug, what you thinking about?" She asked her and Darcie just turned to face her with a smile.

"Morning mommy. And nothing," she replied keeping the cheeky smile on her face and nicki just shook her head.

"Well we've gotta start getting you ready for school. Come on," she said and the pair made their way into Darcie's ensuite to begin getting her ready for the day ahead...

Once she was finished headed back to her room to begin getting herself ready, and he companion who was still knocked out on her bed. She went over to the bed and took a seat next to where he laid before running her hand over his waves. She used her thumb to lightly trace his facial features, and by the time she made it to his lips, a gentle kiss was placed on her thumb. She gave a small smile as she watched his eyelids flutter open to reveal the honey coloured orbs that she was so drawn to. "Good Morning," she said causing him to give her a smile.

"Morning beautiful, did you sleep well?" he asked, remaining comfortable as he weighed out the pros and cons of him staying in bed.

"I sure did, did you?" she said as she moved her hand to tracing the tattoos on his back as he closed his eyes again. He hummed a response and she just chuckled. "Come on, let's go and get in the shower," she said as she made her way off of the bed and he just groaned, but remained in his comfortable stance. "Suit yourself." She took off her robe and place it on her vanity table chair before walking into the ensuite. And just like she expected, his mind changed...

"So you gonna go and speak to her today?" Nicki asked as she slipped her blouse on over her shoulders after hearing the explanation of last night's events. He just placed his hands on her waist and pulled her closer to him. He begun doing up the buttons as she just watched him.

"Yeah we're gonna have a conversation. Hopefully a civil one because I just want to sharpen any blurred lines in what I said to her yesterday." he finally said as he did up the last button, allowing her to now return the favour.

"That's good. Make sure you're both content with the end of your relationship because you were together a while, so even though you're sure you want out, you just need make sure she understands why," Nicki said softly and he just listened. She looked up at him to find him studying her as she finished doing up his buttons and lifted his collar. "Okay?" she asked making sure he had taken in what she had said.

He nodded before a small smile crept onto his face as he tucked in his shirt. "I love you," he said, happy to be able to remind her of what she meant to him regardless of the current situation and nicki couldn't help but blush.

"I love you too," she replied reaching to tie his tie and being stopped mid attempt as he leaned in and gave her a kiss...

"Darcie I've got a surprise for you," Nicki said as she walked over to the kitchen where her daughter was watching TV as she ate the last of her cereal. She tore her eyes away from the TV and her face lit up once she looked in their direction.

"Daddy!" she called as she ran into his awaiting embrace, gaining multiple kisses on the cheek.

"Hey beautiful, how are you?" he asked.

"I'm good. Are you taking me to school?" she asked eagerly and he just chuckled.

"I am if you want me to princess," he said back and gave her another kiss on the temple. "Do you want me to take you?" he asked and she nodded enthusiastically causing both of her parents to chuckle.