Chapter 27

"It's your big day!!" Lauren said excitedly as she and the other bridesmaids walked into Nicki's room of the suite, dressed in matching silk pyjamas and robes. They all got comfortable sitting around her on the queen bed as they enjoyed the small amount of time they had before everything would get hectic. "How are you feeling?" she asked the question they all had.

"I can't even put it into words. I've got crazy butterflies right now, but I don't actually think I could be any happier. I just feel so content you know," she said and they all agreed.

"Who would've thought huh," Bey said and they all laughed. "You were both adamant though, no matter how much you denied it you were always fighting for this ending,"

"That's so true. Even back in high school, this was always what you wanted," Thembi said and she agreed. "Had to go the long way round to get it but we got there in the end."

She laughed. "I know. But there was definitely a time I thought that it wouldn't be, the odds weren't looking up for us you know,"

"But that's not a worry we have anymore, cause today miss mamas, YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!" Lauren said they all cheered with her.

Their cheers were interrupted by the doorbell ringing causing them all to share a look. "That's hair and makeup and I'm calling first," Bey said and they were all quick to call out their own positions as they headed out leaving Nicki and Lauren in the bedroom.

"It's your big day baby," Lauren said softly as she sat next to her and pulled her into a hug. "A day you more than deserve. And as maid of honour, I make it my mission to make sure today is nothing but perfect for you. The girls are with the grandparents so I don't even want you to worry about them, and the rest of us know the drill by now. It's all about you, and that gorgeous man you're about to call your husband."

Nicki chuckled and reached to wipe away the tears that had already started.

"Uh uh, You can't start crying yet," Lauren said, encouraging another laugh. "Imma be quick cause we don't need anymore tears yet, but you already know how happy I am for you, and I genuinely am honoured you chose me as your right hand. I see nothing but a bright future ahead of you and as cliche as it sounds you guys are perfect for each other. You always were,"

"It's just so crazy that we once talked about this day and it's really here, exactly as we envisioned. Matter of fact it's even better because there are things I could never imagine the beauty of until I saw them," She said and Lauren agreed. "And thank you for being my right hand."

They shared a tight hug and dried their eyes, recomposing themselves. "Oh and one last thing," Lauren said as she held out her hand to Nicki who rolled her eyes.

"I was hoping you would forget," she said, passing over her phone.

"Nope. How could I when it's one, in exchange for the other," she said reaching into her pocket and taking out the letter addressed to her best friend. "You have 5 minutes, and then I expect you in there with the rest of us ready to party,"

She smiled as she took the letter from her. They had known better than to trust them to wait so the bestman and maid of honour were in charge of the letters, smartly agreeing to exchange them for their phones to prevent any further words, pictures, or calls to be exchanged until they finally saw each other.

She opened it and unfolded the piece of paper revealing the many words that it was covered in. She chuckled at the fact that he had made his handwriting a little smaller than usual, since they had been limited to no more than the one side of paper. She reached over and brought the box of tissues closer, knowing the tears were inevitable.