Chapter 21

3 Days Later...

"Okay babe, I'm going now, I've left your coffee in the kitchen," she said as she walked over to him and pecked his cheek as he stood by his mirror.

"Alright, have fun and thank you," he said before turning to place a kiss on her temple.

"I'll try," she gave with an eye roll before getting her bag and finally heading out.

He finished doing up his tie and walked over to his wardrobe to make sure that his suit was set in its bag for a time that he felt was soon approaching. He closed the door as it was before and grabbed his blazer, now heading downstairs to pick up his coffee, and properly begin his day...

-

"Am I ready for the tea you have for me today," Bey said as they took their seats on Nicki's couch with a hot drink in hand. It was the perfect wind down, following an early finish on a Thursday and it was just what the pair needed.

"So much has happened but I think it time I finally let it go, it's not gonna happen for me," Nicki said with the defeat evident in her voice.

"Why, what happened? Everything was going so well," bey asked wanting to understand the sudden change of heart.

"Well I sat down and spoke to my mother and she told me to give him an ultimatum; me or her. And from then he was a bit distant, so I just pinned it down to him making a choice that he would eventually come forward with." She paused and took a sip of her drink and then continued. "I then bumped into him the other night on his way out of a dinner meeting with his wedding planner and from what he told me, he's still going through with it, so that was the last straw for me,"

"Aww, maybe it just wasn't meant to be how you both wanted it to be. You did what you could and told him what you wanted from him so if he just wanted you as a side piece then really you dodged a bullet and he's a jerk," Bey said, knowing it would be hard to now pick her friend up from where she was.

"I know, but it's just hard cause I really believed everything he said to me. Like he said it in such a way that I was given no reason to doubt his words but I guess it wasn't what I thought," she said with a shrug trying not to let the situation get the better of her.

"Well now I can set you up with that mile long line of en I had waiting for him to mess up," Bey said, gaining a chuckle from her. "Also where is this hoodie from, I love this owl that's on it and this shade of burgundy too." Nicki bit her lip and gave a guilty look and that easily answered beys question. "I'll let you off cause you're sad,"

"I know I shouldn't be wearing it but its comfy so what can I say," she said with a shrug and bey just chuckled. "It's part of his own line, I took it when that incident at his house happened, and I haven't had a chance to return it yet so,"

"Imma have to ask him for one cause I like it," bey complimented as she felt the material of the jumper. "You should finesse a few more before you complete cut friendly ties with him," she added and Nicki laughed.

"You're something else you know that..."

Nicki sat in her car now stuck in the traffic she wasn't expecting to come across. She was on her way to pick up Darcie from her father's house as he had plans to go out with his friends later that evening, and so had taken her up on the offer to save him time by picking her up. She decided to call him and let him know that she would be running a bit behind schedule.

"Hey," he answered after a few rings.

"Hey, I'm on my way but I've just got stuck in some traffic so I thought I'd let you know I'll be a little bit late," she said apologetically hoping it wouldn't be an issue.