Chapter 2

Darcie erupted with laughter as Nicki tickled her. She chuckled before bringing her into hug and kissing her temple. They were laying in bed as if it was a Saturday morning and Nicki wasn't working. These were the moments Nicki loved the most.

Nicki ran her hair through Darcie's dark brown curls and planted a kiss on her temple. "What do you want us to do today?" She asked as Darcie just snuggled into her mother's embrace.

She taught for a moment before answering the question. "Can we go to the park?"

Nicki chuckled a little and kissed her cheek. "If that's want you want to do princess." She said and Darcie smiled. "We can get ice cream too if you want ?"

"Yes please," she said as her face lit up. "Can we go to that ice cream place near where grandma lives?"

"Of course we can. And we'll go and visit her afterwards." Nicki said and Darcie agreed. "But first I want at least an hour more of cuddle before we start getting ready"

Darcie chuckled before snuggling closed to her mother again and resuming watching the morning cartoons that they were previously enjoying...

Nicki and Darcie had just got settled in her Range Rover when her phone rang. She answered it to find Bey on the other end.

"Okay so I know I told you to give Darcie all your attention today, but there's something we need you to sort out with the client. So could you possibly make it in?" Bey asked already knowing Nicki wouldn't be too keen.

Nicki bit her lip as she just thought. "Okay I'll come, but I'm gonna have to bring her with me cause we were about to go out and I have no one to leave her with," Nicki said as she started her car.

"Okay that's fine, I'll see you in a bit then."

"Yeah, see you soon." And with that they hung up. "Mummy needs to sort something out at work princess, so you're gonna have to come with me. You okay with that?" Darcie nodded and Nicki just chuckled. "Right then, let's get going." She turned up her radio and reversed out of her house parking.

The drive to her workplace was full of singing and laughing between the pair. There was never a dull moment between Nicki and Darcie and she loved that. Once they had parked the car they both got out and made their way to Bey's office. Of course Darcie received plenty of compliments from her mother's workmates, it was something she'd grown used to.

"Take a seat here please princess," Nicki said to Darcie once they were in the office.

"Is this your daughter?" Mrs. Patterson asked.

"Yeah," Nicki said with a smile. "Say hi princess." Darcie gave a timid hello that she was returned by Mr & Mrs. Patterson.

Bey opened her arms with a smile and Darcie walked into them letting her bring her into her lap. "You alright princess?" Bey asked and Darcie nodded. They engaged in a small conversation as Nicki sorted out the misunderstanding with the clients.

"Thank you so much Nic," Bey said as they got the contract printed for the couple to sign.

"No problem. Come on Darc let's go," They said their goodbyes and Nicki held Darcie's hand as they walked out and started their journey to the park...

~

"So can we make all finalisations on Monday Mr. Graham?" The older man asked.

Drake was slightly distracted as he watched a familiar face walk through the building with a younger child with her holding her hand. He hadn't see her in years and still couldn't believe it was her.