Chapter 16

Nicki tied her laces to her white converse before standing and getting her keys. She looked at herself in the mirror once more and fixed the few stray strands of her messy bun. "Darcie are you ready to go?" She called out to her daughter who had popped upstairs to get something.

"Yes mommy!" She called back before she made her way down the stairs to fine Nicki waiting for her by the door with her bag in hand. "Can I wear this bow?" She asked as she reached the bottom of the stairs and held out the Tiffany blue bow that matched the play suit she was wearing.

"Of course you can hunny," she said before she helped her daughter clip the bow into her ponytail. "My beautiful princess." She placed a kiss on her temple and picked up her bag, ready to to head out. "Come on, we can keep Aunty Bey, and blue blue waiting,"

And at that they headed out and drove to the indoor trampoline park to meet with Bey and her daughter...

"I love this playsuit, where's it from?" Bey asked as she took a step back to admire Nicki's outfit before they took their seats.

"Thank you babe, I got it in Topshop last year actually, they had some nice stuff," Nicki said as they took their seats and watched as the girls took off to play.

"So how have you been in the 24 hours I haven't seen you," she asked with a suspicious tone before taking a sip of her ice tea. "What's been happening with baby daddy,"

"What makes you think anything happened in the small amount of time that you didn't see me," Nicki asked, not wanting to give into her.

"The fact that you had to be in each other's presence at all," Bey exaggerated. "The man can't stop himself from drooling whenever he sees you and to make matters even better he can't keep his hands to himself,"

"He invited me to a barbecue later today, he claims it was because he wants his father to meet Darcie and it's my day to have her so he didn't want to intrude on our time together,"

"You're gonna go?" She asked further.

"He wouldn't drop it so I agreed."

"Why am I not surprised," Bey said with a smirk. "You're really feeling him,"

"Honestly Bey if you were in my shoes you would know how I felt. I can't say no to him and you know that," Nicki whined, trying to get her situated across.

"How long are you gonna let him play you like a violin Nic? You're literally his puppet on a string and it's working for him,"

"Don't say that, please don't say that Bey. Especially since you told me to play him at his own game,"

"Well you're losing the game at the moment. You're letting him get closer and closer to having his way with you and you're not doing anything about it."

Nicki bit her lip for a moment just taking in that last statement. "I don't know what you suppose I do then,"

"At this point the only thing you can do is follow your heart. No matter what you say you're head over heels for the guy and no matter what anyone says to you, you're gonna end up giving into him," Bey gently too her hand and held it, allowing Nickk to know that her words came more from a place of understanding than of disappointment. "So on a bright note, what are you wearing to this barbecue?"

"Nothing fancy, I'm not trying to give the wrong impression. Especially around their friends," Nicki said with a raised eyebrow.

"I mean he invited you, Knowing the situation between you," Bey said with a smirk and a shrug. "That's a reason for you to show out if you ask me,"

"As much as I want to, I know his fiance already hates me so I'm not going to do that. And you of all people shouldn't be encouraging me,"

"If she already hates you then I don't see the problem,"