33

Amazing," I murmured as Josh stepped away from me, tugging off his sweatshirt.

He handed me it, rolling his shoulders to position his t-shirt correctly. I raised an eyebrow, but took it, shrugging it on. I inhaled his scent as I pulled it down over my body, the fact that it was at least twice my size never leaving me. "You looked cold." He said, smiling at me in his jacket.

I blushed. "What about you? Aren't you cold?" I asked.

He shook his head, his eyes gleaming. "Nah. I'm too hot ta be cold." He winked, leading me towards the blanket.

I rolled my eyes and sat down, running my hand over my braid. "Good, because I didn't want to give it back."

He sat next to me, stretching his legs out in front of him and turning towards me and chuckling. "Well, I won't argue. I have ta admit, I like seeing you in my sweatshirt."

I blushed, brushing my bangs form my face and glancing around us. "So you made lunch?" I asked, clearing my throat.

Josh smirked, leaning forward and taking a basket in his hands. "Yes. Yes I did. All by myself, if I might add." He said, pulling out dishes one by one.

"Aww!" I joked, "I'm so proud of you!" I snickered as he shot me a glare.

He stuck his tongue out at me, making me laugh at his reaction. "Hey, I'm proud of myself, so whatever. I made pasta salad, PB and Js, and cookies."

I raised an eyebrow. "Cookies? You made cookies?" He smiled and nodded, making me burst out in laughter.

He frowned. "Hey! What's wrong with that?"

"I-I hope yo-you ma-make good sandwiches!" I said in between laughter.

His frown stayed and his eyes narrowed, glinting with humored. "Hanna helped me make them, so yes."

I raised an eyebrow. "I guess we'll just have to check that theory." I said as his face twisted in nervousness as I grabbed one of the sandwiches. He squirmed uncomfortably as he gazed at me. I couldn't help but laugh at him, smiling as I shook my head and bit into it. I couldn't remember a time when someone had made me food instead of the other way around. His eyes widened as he awaited my response. I laughed again, but it turned into a whimper as I moved my ankle wrong.

His eyebrows furrowed together as he frowned, forgetting about the sandwiches. "Are you alright?" he asked as I leaned forward to rub my ankle.

I nodded. "Yea. I just sprained my ankle, that's all." I said, frowning.

"Here," he said, digging in the basket and placing an ice pack on my ankle. "Soo?" he asked, gesturing towards the sandwich in my hand.

I scrunched up my nose, trying to hold in my laugh. "Oh, they're just awful." I joked.

His eyes narrowed and his face turned serious as he stared at me. "Its. Peanut. Butter. And. Jelly. You liar!" he joked, his face breaking out in a sudden smile.

My eyes narrowed as I bit my lip. "Are you accusing me of something?"

"Are you accusin' me of somethin'?" He mocked, rolling his eyes.

"Hey!" I protested. "I do not sound like that!"

"Mhm…" he said, raising an eyebrow.

I took the bagged sandwich and threw it at him, hitting him straight in the nose. "Just eat your sandwich." I commanded, sending him a pointed look.

He saluted me. "Yes ma'am!" he said loudly and opened the bag, taking a bit of the sandwich. "Mhm!" he said. "These are amazin'. I'll have to thank Hanna for them." He said, winking at me.