25

I sat down in the only empty chair next to Josh and watched as his family dug into the pancakes. "Mm!" Josh's father approved, making my eyes instinctively flickering over to him. "This is good. I like this girl, Josh. She can cook, she's good with horses, and she doesn't nag. And she doesn't nag. Gail should definitely learn from this girl." He said, nodding at Josh with a smirk just like his son's across his face.

I smiled, blushing deeply. "I heard that, Peter!" I heard his wife scream from somewhere else in the house. He chuckled, shrugging.

"Danny," Josh asked, concerned. I locked eyes with him, raising an eyebrow in question. "You didn't make any for yourself." He noticed, frowning.

I glanced down at the empty place in front of me and shrugged. Usually I made enough for myself, but this family was just too big for me to include myself; I didn't want to make more for me. Josh swiftly stood from his chair and headed over to the counter. He reached up, pulled down a plate, and got out a fork from a drawer. I was shaking my head when he placed them in front of me, but a look in his eyes told me he wasn't taking an argument. Sitting back down, he took one of the pancakes from his plate and put it on mine.

"Eat," he demanded, pointing at the food in front of me. I sighed, glancing up at him, noting the concern in his eyes. I never got that look from anyone. But then again, I never really had someone caring for me either. I narrowed my eyes at him as he handed me the fork, closing my fingers around it.

"You take the fork; see, this thing," he waved the fork in my face, making me chuckle, "and you stick it in the food like this." He took the fork with my hand still wrapped around it and stabbed the pancake with it. "And then ya stuff it in your mouth like this." I squealed as I realized what he was going to do and pushed his hand away. He laughed, releasing my hand and letting me eat by myself.

"Iya's twwiirreedd." Peter teased, poking her head with his fork; she was lying with her face planted in the table.

She waved her hand aimlessly around her head as everyone laughed. "Shut up. I shouldn't be up this early. It's a Saturday!" she complained. "Saturday is the only day that I get to sleep in." she moaned, never lifting her head from the table.

Cormac, who was sitting right beside her, put his arm around her head. "Oh, c'mon, little sis'. We're going shoppin'."

"I will bite you." she threatened.

He only snickered deeply, but didn't remove his arm. She lifted her head momentarily and sunk her teeth into his arm. He cried out, instantly removing his arm from near her and shaking his wrist. Iya sank back onto the table. "I warned ya." she muttered.

"Ya didn't have to use your—" Cormac began, but Josh cut him off.

"Cormac," he warned, his voice was cautious like a mother scolding a child.

Cormac glanced up at him, then to me and back to his bleeding arm. "Sorry," he mumbled, even though he had to be at least a year older. He mumbled something else I couldn't hear before he stood, tugging on Iya's hair before dashing out of the kitchen.

"You buttface!" Iya shouted after him, lifting her head and glaring towards the door. "Ugh," she groaned, smoothing her hair before leaning her head into her hands. I glanced at Josh as I popped a piece of pancake in my mouth, questioning him with my eyes.

He looked over at me, but didn't acknowledge my stare.

"Omigosh, you're wearin' my shirt! Josh!" Iya groaned again, glaring at Josh. My head snapped towards Iya, stiffening and glancing down at the blouse. "You coulda told me before stealin' somethin' from my room. You're so lucky it looks good on her." She growled, her eyes narrowing.