Trust

Trust. Oh lordy here we go.

Okay. Trust in an apocalypse is key. But. Depending on where your story starts does determine how much your OC has to prove themself just because of Ricks state of mind.

Example //

Back at the farm in season 2, Rick wasn't as used to the world and hadn't experienced the full capacity of brutality the new world hosted, therefore he was a bit more generous when it came to trust, though he was stil cautious as we saw with Randall.

Getting to season 3-6 though, we all saw the new Rick; one who had adapted and seen things that no person should wish to see, after all, he lost the prison which was a sign of hope. When they all reached Alexandria they'd all lost so much, and think it all boils down to hope, people had taken from them so theh didn't trust people, so Rick wouldn't just accept someone without knowing them, it would take time to build up trust.

At different points, Rick has different states of mind and different trust for the general state of people therefore he is a lot more or less cautious.

//

But. Lets not forget the fact that there's not just Rick. Rick always had Daryl, Michonne, Maggie or Glenn (rip :"( ) chirping in his ear, advising him so your OC would also have to gain their trust. You see what I mean?

--Thank you. *drops mic*