Chapter 14

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

          Jordan and I jump about three feet in the air.

“Who the heck is knocking on the door at 7 freaking am” I complain rolling over and trying to fall back asleep.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *THUMP*

“JORDAN STAAL I SWEAR IF YOU DON’T OPEN THIS DOOR IN THE NEXT 10 SECONDS, I WILL GET MY REVENGE” Yells a very feminine voice. Jordan jumps up pulls on some sweats and bolts for the door. I notice a pair of my sweats and a hoodie sitting on the dresser. I snag them and quickly change hearing Jordan open the door and lead who ever it was towards the kitchen.

“Would anyone like any coffee?”

“I would” says one male voice another quickly agrees. I walk into the kitchen to find Jordan messing with the coffee pot.

“Here let me” I murmur quickly setting it up to brew coffee and starting it.

“Who’s here?”

“My mother, Father and brother” Jordan whispers back grabbing me around the waist and softly kissing me.

“I have to go to the house, we planned a girl’s day and I am not meeting them like this” I whisper back.

“How the heck am I supposed to get you out of the house without them noticing” He whisper yells.

 “Tell them you have to go to the main house real quick to get cream”

“Mom I’m going to the main house to get creamer” He pops into the dining area addressing his family.

“Bro, why were you whispering to yourself” His brother asks.

“Nasty habit I picked up living on my own” he replies while throwing me over his shoulder snagging his keys and sprinting for the garage.

“I’ll be back in a sec” He yells. Then I feel him freeze.

“Oh hey mom why are you blocking the way to the garage” I hear him ask sounding a little scared.

“Jordan put the girl down, now. You honestly think I wasn’t going to notice. I raised four boys for crying out loud” I hear her say. I feel Jordan start to set me down but he keeps a protective arm around my waist. I turn around to face the woman who raised four of the best NHL and AHL players.

“Oh aren’t you just the cutest couple” Is all I hear before I’m engulfed in a hug. Mrs. Staal is a bit taller than my 5’6 frame standing at what I could guess 5’8ish.

“It’s great someone’s finally settled our little Jordy down”

“Oh yes little Jordy kins has finally settled down” I hear a voice mock.

“Oh can it Jared” I see Jordan smile from the corner of my eye as he says this.

*smack* I turn back around to see that Mrs. Staal has just smacked Jared.

“You will not make fun of them just because you’re currently single” she reprimands. I smile at her. This woman is great!

*buzz* *buzz* my phone vibrates then the coffee machine beeps to let us know the coffee is done.

“We’ll go get that” Jordan says dragging me back into the kitchen.

“Who texted you” He asks pulling out three mugs.

“Mom do you want anything to drink” He yells to the kitchen.

“Just a bottle of water dear” She answers back. He swiftly pours the three cups of coffee but takes his time grabbing two bottles of water, while I search for the cream and sugar. I cease my search realizing I had gotten a text.