Chapter 27: She's What?! Derek's POV

"I wouldn't be so sure about that.", said Deaton.

Does he have to be right?! It's annoying! I'm trying to get over her.

"Can we please get back to what we're supposed to do?", I spat.

Luna gave me a look, surprised by my harshness. I tried my best not to be too cruel near her, I hate to see her hurt.

"What is it you guys are doing?", asked Luna looking from me to Deaton.

As she spoke Scott and I were filling up a metal tub with water and ice.

"We are going to slow Isaac's heart rate down so he can slip into a trance like state.", said Deaton.

"Like, being hypnotized?", asked Isaac.

"Exactly. You'll be half transformed to let us access your subconscious mind."

"How slow does his heart rate need to be?", asked Scott.

"Very slow.", said Deaton.

I was really getting annoyed of him.

"Well how slow is very slow?", I asked in an annoyed tone.

"Nearly dead.", responded Deaton.

Scott and I both looked at Deaton with surprised expressions. Isaac touched the water and pulled his finger back looking at it.

"Is this necessary?", asked Luna worried for Isaac.

Before anyone responded Isaac asked,"It's safe though, right?"

"Do you want me to answer that honestly?", asked Deaton.

"No. No, not really.", responded Isaac his heart rate getting faster by the minute.

I heard a elastic sound and turned around to see Stiles pull a long glove over his hand. All of us stared at him.

"What?", asked Stiles.

I gave him a look and an eyebrow raise.

"Stiles, take it off.", said Luna.

He took it off angrily and walked away.

"Look, if it feels too risky, you don't have to do this.", I responded nervous for Isaac.

He looked at Scott then at the tub. Isaac took off his shirt and threw it to the side, getting ready to get inside the tub.

As soon as Isaac sat down he was gasping from the coldness. Me and Scott grabbed his shoulders and put him under the water. From the corner of my eye I saw Luna's eyes widen and Damon standing next to her calmly, like he's seen this so many times.

Isaac came up from under the water growling his teeth turning into canines. Stiles and Damon grabbed his legs and helped put Isaac back under.

Me and Scott struggled with Isaac's superhuman strength. Isaac thrashed under the water trying to breath. Isaac came back up thrashing even more.

"Hold him.", said Deaton calmly.

"We're trying!", I yelled back annoyed and angry.

Eventually Isaac stopped moving and we all let go. He came floating back to the surface and took a breath.

Deaton whispered,"Now remember, only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him, draw him out."

Deaton looked at all of us making sure we understood.

"Issac? Can you hear me?", asked Deaton in a calm tone.

"Yes, I can hear you.", replied back Isaac with his eyes closed.