Chapter 25: The Deal Derek's POV

"YOU DID WHAT???!!!", I yelled at my Uncle Peter.

"I made a deal, it will help us in the long run. The alpha pack will never see it coming."

I can't believe it!!! I loved Luna and won fair and all he wants to do is take us away from each other. Just the thought is upsetting.

"No!"

"Derek don't be irrational. You need all the help you can get, you can't defeat them with teenagers."

I can't believe he was doing this.

"Derek who's more important, your pack, or some girl that you barely know?"

He had a point, but I loved her.

"Derek, need I remind you what happens to your girlfriends? They die. If you really cared about Luna you would leave her, let her live her life."

"Fine!"

I can't believe I was just letting go, but I had to. Peter had a point.

I had to, to protect her. She doesn't deserve to die, she deserves to be happy.

I'll just not talk to her, to let her go.

I ran, to the place where I first met her.

I had to let go, but before I do I want to remember the feelings from that day.

I was at the my house and started to leave, but then I smelled blood.
I ran toward the scent hoping it wasn't someone I knew.
I saw this beautiful girl, just sitting. She looked deep in thought. I could stare at her all day, but that would be creepy.
"Are you okay? Need help?", I asked hoping the answer would be yes.
"Am I dead?"
I chuckled at her response, at least she wasn't creeped out.
She stared at me for a while. I didn't mind, but then I realized it was getting later and I needed to get home to my betas.
"Ma'am?", I asked.
"Oh yeah right sorry. I umm well I'm just really clumsy. I guess a late night stroll by myself wasn't the smartest."
I chucked again, seeing her blush was adorable.
I offered her my hand, and she took it.
"Thanks Mr......?"
"Derek, Derek Hale."
"Thanks Derek.", she said and smiled.
She looked down at out intertwined hands and let go.
"Oh sorry.", she said embarrassed.
"That's okay.", I said.
It was silent for a while, I didn't mind it. I was used to silence.
"Well thanks Derek. I really should get going though before it gets later."
"You mean earlier?", I said and smiled.
"Oh yeah, umm I guess your right.", she said and smiled back the most dazzling smile I have ever seen.
"Do you need a ride? You said you walked and it's getting late......", I offered.
The beautiful stranger laughed,"You mean early? Yes I would love a ride."

The memory brought a smile to my face.

Why couldn't everything be that simple again? Why did I have to be a werewolf and she had to be a witch?

Now is the hard part; should I just tell her I don't love her anymore?

No, she would know I was lying.

I should say I found someone else, but who?

I don't know I'll work it all out later. For now I need to focus on finding the alpha pack, and trying not to kill Damon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isaac was pacing near the big window in my loft.

"You know I'm starting not to like this idea, sounds kind of dangerous. You know what I definitely don't like this idea and I definitely don't like him.", said Isaac worried.