Chapter 10: Safety

"Luna are you okay? You left suddenly, nobody knew why.", said Derek.

"I-I'm fine.", I tried to convince him even though my voice was shaking.

"Luna, I don't need to be a werewolf to know your lying. What's wrong?"

"Just go away! I don't need you here! I wish I never met you!", I yelled hoping he would leave so he wouldn't get hurt by Bass. I guess he was paying attention to my heartbeat because he realized I was lying. He grabbed me and hugged me tight, I never wanted him to let go. He allowed himself in and closed the door.

He whispered in my ear,"Whatever it is we'll get through this, I promise. You'll be okay. I'll never let anything happen to you."

I hugged him back crying into his shirt, wetting it. He didn't mind though.

"Oh my gosh Derek I'm so, so sorry. I cried all over your shirt.", I said forcing a small smile.

"It's okay babe. It's going to be okay. You'll tell me what's wrong when your ready."

Did he just call me babe? I don't mind, I actually like him calling me that. Derek being here calms me and makes me feel better, as if I have no problems. But I do have problems, if I'm going to work this out I have to tell him.

"Derek, Bass he found me. He called me and said he was going to come for me."

Derek pulled away and looked into my eyes, his hands were still on my arms, which felt nice.

"I told you I would protect you, I meant that. Tomorrow I can't watch you but maybe you can stay with your dad. Tomorrow is a full moon and I don't want to risk you getting hurt, especially since it's my pack's first full moon."

"I can handle it. I want to stay with you, I'll feel safer."

He laughed. "You'd feel safer with a pack of new werewolves on a full moon, than with your dad the sheriff? You have no logic whatsoever."

I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"Yes, I guess my logic is weird but I trust you. Probably more than anybody else right now. I feel like I'm safe whenever I'm around you, it's kind of hard to explain."

"I have one condition if you were to stay with me."

"What's the condition?", I asked.

"You must stay out of the way and do not let them see you or they will want to kill you. The urge to hunt is too strong on a full moon, especially if your a new werewolf."

"I know I'll be careful. I'll even help you if you need it, I'll be backup.", I said with a small smile.

"I'm serious Luna, be careful."

"Okay I got it, be careful and try not to die."

"That's the plan. I should probably go. Everybody probably wondered where we went. I'll tell them that you were tired and decided to go to bed early."

"Okay. Derek can I ask you something?"

"Sure darling anything.", he said in his angelic voice.

Did he just call me darling? He really never failed to surprise me.

"I was curious about Kate. I know you probably hate her and don't like to talk about her, but I want to know what happened to her and your uncle. They died on the same night and I doubt it was just coincidence."

At the mention of her name his face turned emotionless and instantly I felt bad for bringing it up. Dang it! I should have just asked Stiles!

"We don't have to talk about it if-"

"It's fine. I'm sure you know about the Hale house fire and what really happened that night?", he asked.

"Yeah I know. Again I'm sorry for your family."

"Thanks. Anyway my uncle killed my sister Laura for the power to become an alpha. With that power he killed everybody that helped set the house on fire or was involved in any way. That night Kate and my uncle were killed Scott had just rescued my from the burnt attic beneath my house where Kate was keeping me chained up, and was electrocuting me to get information out of me. She found out on her own that Scott was part of my uncle's pack. She just knew there was an alpha in town, she didn't know it was my uncle. Anyway when we got out I didn't feel right, I felt like we were being watched so I looked around and Allison shot me with an arrow-"

"Allison? She looked totally innocent, like she would barely hurt a fly."

"Yeah well don't be fooled be her looks. She's just like her family, hunters and I don't know how Scott doesn't see that."

"Well he's in love with her. You can't control who you fall in love with. Anyway go on with the story."

"Okay. After she shot me her and Kate came out of the woods looking ready to kill. Scott looked hurt at the fact that Allison had become a hunter. Then Kate told Allison to kill Scott but Allison didn't want to, so to make it easier for Allison Kate shot me. Luckily it wasn't a wolfsbane bullet or else I would have died. Then Kate pointed her gun at Scott's face about to shoot but then Chris came out of nowhere and told Kate to put her gun down or he would shoot her. She didn't believe him so to prove a point he shot the tree next to her face. Before she had the chance to react the alpha, my uncle, in his werewolf form, ran around them fast so they couldn't shoot him. Peter, my uncle, took us all out leaving Kate for last. She shouted at him urging him to get her and he did. Peter dragged her into the house and had his claws at her neck. Allison ran in crying about to beg for her aunt's life. I only heard then talking because of my werewolf senses. Peter wanted Kate to apologize for killing our family and putting him in a coma for 6 years, she did but he didn't think it was sincere enough so he slashed her throat. Allison saw her aunt die, and I feel bad that she had to see that. Anyway my wounds finally healed and Scott and I tried to take on Peter but he was so much stronger than we were. We led him outside meanwhile Peter was in his full alpha form and your brother and Jackson set a Molotov cocktail on Peter which burned him. Peter wasn't able to heal so he turned back to his human form burned again-"

"Is that how he died?"

"No."

"How did he die then?"

"Let me finish the story okay?"

"Okay I guess I could be patient.", I said trying to lighten the mood. After all that story, I doubt I did.

"Well meanwhile he was in his human form I came up to him and stood over him and slashed his throat. That is how I became alpha, by steeling his power. I'll leave now, you must be scared."

"Actually, no I'm not. It's going to take a lot more than that to make me leave." As soon as I said it I realized I was going to have to leave, but not because of Derek.

"I'm going to go for a drive.", I said.

"I'll go with you. Last time you went walking by yourself, remember what happened?", he said with a smirk.

"Yes, yes I remember very well actually. Mostly because I met you." Oh my! Did I just say that out loud?! I did! Wow! Ugh just perfect!

He just smiled my favorite smile.

"So you wanna drive or me?", he asked.

"I'm going to drive because we're going in my car."

"Okay let's go then.", and with that we left on an adventure.