Chapter 8: My Story

"Okay first you need to know that meanwhile in Mystic Falls I started going to college and made a few friends. My best friend, a vampire, named Damon Salvatore was a party animal. Me being his best friend meant I went with him to parties even though I didn't fit in very well. I was a goody-two-shoes but I was pretty so that made up for it. One of the times we went to a party there was a man named Sebastian Buckheart. He was charming and every girl wanted him, including me. He noticed me and made me feel special, and in time, I fell in love with him."

"Wait, wait Sebastian Buckheart? The billionaire."

"Yes, since Damon was a vampire he had hook ups. Anyway we were at Sebastian's party and he noticed me and asked me out. How could I deny him? What girl in her right mind would? Anyway, the first couple months of us dating was a fairy tale but then he asked me to move in with him and that's when things went downhill. I knew it was a little fast but I thought I was in love with him. One of the times I was washing dishes and dropped one, by accident of course. Bass, that's what I called him, came into the kitchen wondering what happened and after I told him he was furious. He started yelling at me saying how dumb I was and that I should be more careful. He scared me, enough where I almost wanted to leave. I thought maybe I could help him get better, which ended up being a mistake."

"Did he hit you?", Derek asked turning his hands into fist so much his knuckled turned white.

"Ugh he... Well let me explain first. You'll understand-"

"HE DID??!!!! IM GOING TO KILL HIM!!"

"Derek calm down! Your gonna shift! Look at me! I'm fine, I'm fine...."

He looked at me but instead of having green eyes, they were red. I gasped.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I didn't think you cared."

"Why, why would you think that? I care about you more than anything."

Hearing that made me shocked. Did Derek Hale just say he cares about me?

"But the other day you snapped at me and looked pretty angry."

"I like you and you said you were a hunter. My last girlfriend that was a hunter, was well you know."

"Yeah, I do."

"Sorry finish your story Luna."

"Are you sure? You won't wolf out on my will you?", I said with a smile.

"Yeah, I am.", he said with a grin.

"Okay so after that incident I wanted to leave so I called Damon to come get me but after Bass realized what I was doing he yanked me by the hair and told me if I ever left he would kill me. He did hit me, a lot. Whenever we got in fights, when he was drunk, when he thought I was cheating, and when he thought I was going to leave. I never cheated or even thought of leaving because I was too scared. Until Damon found out what was happening and saved me. He sent me here with money and new clothes and things, he even gave me a job and that apartment. I owe him for life because he saved me. That's why I can't stay here long, he'll find me. He's a billionaire he has hook ups! I can't stay no matter how much I want to...."

"Yes you can. I can protect you, I'm an alpha werewolf.", he says with a smile.

That's the moment I realized, I'm in love with Derek Hale and I'm never leaving.