Chapter 17: Visits to Old Friends

"Who's that?"

"She's a darach."

I stared at him confused.

"Okay, what's that?"

"It's an emissary gone dark."

"Emissaries go dark?"

"Sometimes, yes."

"But how? Their supposed to be advisors to werewolf packs."

"I don't know the details. Luna just let it go, okay?"

"No! She killed my grandma! Why?!"

"Luna, Julia needed power. Your grandma is one of the most powerful witches that has ever lived. Killing your grandma gave her power. Why she needed it, I don't know. Luna I'm sorry."

"Okay I won't talk about it anymore. I'm going to get going and visit everybody. I'll see you later."

"Okay. Bye beautiful."

We both hugged each other and I left. I had to see Bonnie last so I could ask her to train me with my witch powers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to stop by Caroline's first, she would take my mind off things with her happy spirit.

I knocked on the door lightly. Since she was a vampire she could use her super hearing so I didn't have to knock that hard.

With her super speed she was at the door in less than a minute.

"Oh my gosh! Luna! It's great to see you! I've missed you like crazy!", said Caroline and pulled me into a hug.

"Caroline..... can't..... breathe."

"Oh yeah right, sorry."

"It's okay.", I said with small smile.

"Come in, come in.", she invited me in.

"Ssssooooo, tell me about your adventures in Beacon Hills."

I told her everything, except Derek. I saved him for last since I knew she would go crazy when I told her.

"Luna, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. There is something else I need to tell you though."

"What?", she questioned.

"I fell in love with a werewolf named Derek Hale."

Her face lit up like a firework.

"Oh my goodness! Luna Stilinski in love?! I can't believe it! Is he here with you?! Can I meet him?!"

She talks so fast I could barely make out what she said.

"Caroline, I left him behind in Beacon Hills. It's just better that way for both of us. We both have a lot to deal with right now."

Her face turned sad because she knew more than everybody else what it was to leave someone you loved.

"Luna, I'm sorry. I didn't know. I just let my mouth go like usual. Sorry."

"It's okay, you didn't know."

I smiled at her as best as I could hoping she would buy it, luckily she did.

"Caroline I got to get going and see everybody else. I'll come back soon.", I said with a smile and left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to Elena's afterwards where I knew I would find Jeremy and Alaric too.

I knocked a little harder on the door than I did at Caroline's and the Salvatore's because there was no vampires living in this house.

The door opened revealing Alaric.

"Luna! Oh my gosh your alive! I heard what happened with Bass. I'm just glad your okay now.", said Alaric with a welcoming smile.

"Thanks.", I said and smiled back.

"Elena! Jeremy! We have company!"

"Who is it?", questioned Elena probably worried for the safety of her family.

"Hey it's me.", I said with a smile.

"Luna!", yelled Elena.

"What? Luna's here?!", asked Jeremy curious.

"Hey kid. How are you?"

Everybody seemed pleased that I was there.

"So Luna we all want to her about Beacon Hills. You weren't there that long."

For what seemed like the hundredth time I explained my story.

"Oh my. Luna I'm so sorry.", said Elena, then Jeremy, and then Alaric.

I was really getting tired of everybody's pity.

"Guys, I'm fine. It's in the past now."

"Okay. If you ever need to talk to someone I'm here.", said Elena.

"Thanks. I just wanted to say hi. I'll come back soon. Bye."

We all said our goodbyes and I left. This was going to be a long day if everybody kept pitying me like this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next off to Matt's. Matt should have been easier to deal with, he always was.

I knocked on the door to his house. Poor Matt, he's alone, I thought feeling bad for him.

"Hey Luna! It's great to see you!"

"It's terrific to see you Matt Donovan!"

We both laughed. That is how we always greeted each other, even when we were upset. Matt was like a brother to me. He was the only other person that could put a smile on my face when I was sad, like when I first met him at the Mystic Falls Grill.

I was serving people looking sad, how I usually did since my mom.
"Hey you!", said a male teenager with blue eyes and red hair.
I turned around at the sound, not even knowing who the male teenager was talking to.
"Me?", I asked.
"Yes. Are you okay? You look sad."
"Well, my mom died recently and I'm kind of taking it hard."
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear. My mom isn't dead, but she's never around. I kind of know the feeling. I'm Matt."
"Luna."
"Nice to meet you Luna. I got to go but
I'll see you around."

Matt was my first friend in Mystic Falls. Damon was my second. I loved them both, I had appreciation for them.

"Come in Ms. Stilinski."

"Thanks Mr. Donovan."

We both laughed as I walked inside.

"Do you want anything? I have food and drinks if your hungry or thirsty."

"No it's okay. Thanks though."

"No problem moon."

That was his nickname for me. Since my name in English did mean moon.

"So Luna, I want details about Beacon Hills."

I told him my story and he didn't apologize or say he felt bad, I'm glad he didn't.

"You really loved that guy Derek huh?"

"Yeah. I really did. I couldn't stay though, and now I hear my grandmas dead so I have to find out what happened."

"Okay, I'm not going to stop you. Who could stop you when you put your mind to something?"

"Thanks Matt. I got to go, I just wanted to stop bye and say hi."

"Okay bye. You better come back soon though!"

"Okay will do."

I left after and drove to Bonnie's and maybe to get some information on what's happening to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knocked on the door exhausted from today. At least she was the last person I needed to see.

"Hey Luna, I heard you'd stop bye."

"Hey Bonnie. Can we talk?"

"Sure come in."

I explained to her what happened in Beacon Hills and why I needed her help. She stood quiet the whole story and looked interested. When I finish she stays quiet for a little bit then finally says something.

"Luna, do you mind if I were to test you to see if your a witch? I mean I think you are but I don't know why the witch gene didn't even appear before when your grandma tested you."

"Go ahead. I don't mind, maybe it could help."

Bonnie said something in Latin over and over, chanting it. I vaguely understood what she was saying because my grandma tried to teach me magic, even though I wasn't a witch.

When she finished I felt this strange warmth flowing inside me. I wonder why that is, I think to myself.

"Seems I was right, you are a witch. The gene didn't develop until now because you needed a push, and it seems you found it. Luna if you keep practicing you will become the greatest witch known to our race. Don't let the power get to your head."

I barely understood what she was saying. Me, a powerful witch? She has to be wrong. Me?

"Luna? Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah. I'm fine, just grasping what you said. Bonnie would you mind helping me train my witch side? I know most witches need spells to do magic but I don't and it scares me. Would you mind?"

"Of course not. I'd be happy to help.", said Bonnie with a smile.

"Thanks. I should get going. See you later."

I left right after that wondering where I was going to stay. I could stay at my grandmas, but I wouldn't even sleep because I would cry the whole night. There was a place I could go....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey beautiful! You missed me that much?"

"Haha Damon. I was actually wondering if I could stay here, at least until I get my feet settled."

"Yeah of course. Anything you need."

He showed me to where I would sleep and I thanked him and hopped into bed and thought about tomorrow, going over to Bonnie's to train. Derek. His name haunts me. I still have his number...... I couldn't, I needed to let go of him. I fell asleep soon after, but he was still on my mind and in my dreams.