Chapter 30

Sasuke's POV:-

It was like they wanted to say a lot of things but they stayed quiet. The girls were staring at me.

It was unusually quiet at our table. But I didn't want to stay quiet. I wanted to scream, shout and cry all at the same time.

I was feeling eerily weird. As if something was tickling me and I was shrugging it off. And then it came back again.

I hear the chair beside me screech and I look up hoping it was Sakura but it was Karin instead, smiling sweetly.

"Don't sit here." I order not caring if I was being rude.

Her face falls and morphs into something like frustration and anger.

She scoffs and goes to sit across me but the girls glare at her and she chooses to sit in corner.

"Sasuke." Sasori calls panting and gulping.

I get up in anger to attack him but Naruto grabs me and shoves me back to sit down.

"Stop acting like a 5yr old for once and listen!" He says glaring at me.

Naruto was ticked off since I told them about what happened.

"Sasori...wh-what do you want now. You have hurt him enough. Just get lost or else..." Karin starts

"Shut up Karin! It's all because of you. I lost a friend today. I don't need your money. I will return it back." Sasori spats.

"What do you mean?" I ask looking at Karin who was suddenly very fidgety.

He tells me everything and I sit there listening, realising what I have done. What I have lost because of my stupid mistake.

I look at Naruto not able to say anything.

"Go talk to her."

I nod and start searching for her all around the school. I finally see her walking towards her car, her bag pack in her hand.

"Sakura!" I shout and she stops walking.

A gust of wind blows as we stand rooted to our spots.

"What do you want Sasuke?" She asks not even turning towards me.

"You." I attempt a cheesy line but she just remains standing there still not turning to me.

"I am sorry Sakura..."

"Sorry is not going to cut it Sasuke! Maybe it was for the best that we broke up."

"Why are you saying things like this? It was a mistake...."

"Yes it was. Karin pulled this whole thing off. But I am scared Sasuke. I am scared that I will give my heart to you and you will just crush it and give it back."

And for the second time that day, she left me standing there speechless.

***

Sakura's POV:-

"Are you okay Sakura?" My mom questions reluctantly

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Because you barely ate anything and you are retiring to bed quite early." My dad answers

"Should I have a meeting with the young Uchiha." My dad adds

"No!" I say quickly. "I am just...very tired and drained."

***
I lie on my bed, sleep not taking over my body.

I start thinking about everything.
Did I do the right thing? Sasuke was apologizing. Something he rarely does. But it was natural to have the doubts I have in my mind.

This was just the beginning. What will happen once we are off to college. If he is gonna be this paranoid and possessive....

I hear a tap on my window. I get up to see Sasuke with a teddy bear. What?! He was holding his ears and saying or rather mouthing sorry.

I open the window and help him come inside.

"What the hell are you doing Sasuke? Turning up at the dead of night outside my window?"

"It's 8.30 pm now. Not the dead of the night." He says dryly.

I scoff and just turn away from him. He brings the teddy bear in front of me and I slap his hand away.

He sighs and pulls me close. I yelp by the sudden impact but the voice dies as I look into his eyes.

"Leave me Sasuke." I whisper

"I don't want to." He whispers back.

I look away.

"You are afraid I will break your heart."

I look up surprised at his sudden statement.

"I cannot promise you a perfect relationship with no jealousy or your annoying behavior or my possessiveness."

Way to go Sasuke. Call the person you are apologizing to, annoying and everything will be fine.

"....but I am not going to stop trying. You will be upset but I am going to do everything to make you forgive me."

"Why?"

"Because it's the right thing to do. You are the best thing that happened to me. And I would be a fool if I leave you for my pride. You are not my want, you are my need. So I am going to keep trying. Even if it takes my whole."

I hug him and the tears start to flow. I feel his hands around my waist, pulling me close. His head was in the crook of my neck. And I think he was smelling my hair.

I let out a laugh at that thought and look at him.

"You are being very cheesy. I don't think I can handle this much cheesiness for one day."

"Hey! I am trying to have a moment here!" He complains with a smile on his face.

"I am staying as long as you are trying." I say smiling answering his apology.

"You will still be possessive?" I ask

"Very. You can't change that. But I promise I will trust you more. I will not mess this up. I am certain of that." He says leaning his for head against mine.

*********************
Comment vote and enjoy.