Chapter 5

Naruto Pov :-

I was amazed at what Hinata did....not that I think it was wrong. It's just that she has changed....in a good way of course but I kind of missed that redness so I was jumping in my heart when I saw a small amount of red on her cheeks...I mean she was so cute.

The walk back to class was pretty silent which is unlike me....the reason was that jerk Toneri. I don't think he will take this insult lightly....either way I have to look out for Hinata not that I think she can't handle him herself but still...Something about that guy doesn't feel right.

We entered the classroom and see everyone especially the girls staring at us.

"Um Guys....? Why are you staring at us?" I asked.

"Oh nothing...we just wondered where you were...settle down before Asuma-sensei sees you and gives you detention." Ino said trying to stifle a laugh.

Hinata goes and settles down on her desk and I see a hint of red on her cheeks but I look or to be precise stare at the girls in a suspicious way and after a moment head towards my desk and take my place beside Hinata.

Asuma-sensei comes in with a bunch of checked answer papers and starts calling out names and their grades. Almost everyone is good in studies all have got between 3.5-4.0 and Neji and Hinata have got 4.5 out of 5 as expected.

The rest of the day goes well for me and finally it's time for Ichiraku!!Yaayy...ramen!!!

I was walking back to my locker when I see Toneri glaring at me.I give him a death glare of my own and he just backed off and literally ran out of the school....I chuckle at that sight.

Coward.

I open my locker and stuff my books in, close my locker, exit the school gates and head to Ichiraku.

On my way I see Sakura and Sasuke talking or rather debating on a point up ahead of me.

Looks like they have disagreed on something again...just like old days.

I sigh and jog towards them.

"Oi...Sasuke, Sakura wait."

They turn around and see me jogging towards them and they had irritated looks on their faces and I realised that this was the wrong time to interrupt them.

"What is it Naruto...I can't believe you have not changed a bit...I was going to win." Sakura says glaring at Sasuke

"Um....Sakura actually...."

"No. You were not going to win Sakura." Sasuke cuts me off. He glances at me and shakes his head.

"Dobe. Forget it...you are still the same. Anyways let's go."

They start walking again.

I have to say it or the guilt will kill me.

"I am sorry." I said with my head low.

I can feel my eyes brimming with tears and I try hard to stop them but they don't seem to listen to me.

"Naruto..." I hear Sakura place a hand on my shoulder but I have to say it.

Just say it Naruto

"I am sorry for what I did...because of that I lost my two best friends. I was being stupid fighting when I could have had fun with you all and enjoy the time of my life. But no. I had to ruin it for me and you guys. Friends are supposed to support each other and yet I spoiled it for all of us. But believe me I regret it and I want us to be the best of friends. Again. Like old times. Will you forgive me? And give me a second chance....so that..."

I was cut off with a bear hug from both of my best friends.

"Naruto... we understand you...we know that you did not do anything purposely...and we are your friends...so you don't have to control your emotions in front of us."

"You are such a baka Naruto." Sasuke shakes his head.

He then backs off and extends his hands and says something I will never forget.

"Friends Forever..?"

Sakura joins her hand with him at once and I am totally speechless.

I was so overcome with emotion that I hug or rather attack them and mutter between sobs, with a smile on my face.

"Friends Forever."

*********************
Hope you liked the chapter and vote,comment and tell me if there are any spelling mistakes....enjoy.

I don't own naruto and it's characters.