Chapter 19

Naruto's POV:-

It has been weeks since we talked properly and it's killing me. The girls tried to talk to her but she cut them off with a convincing explanation so they are not forcing her anymore.

I was a little hopeful when Kakashi Sensei gave us projects and Hinata was my partner. But she just gave me my share of work and told me to submit it to her. I tried to ask her doubts as a chance to strike up some  conversation but she just cleared my doubts and walked away.

At least she is talking to others. I try to convince myself but it hardly works. I want her to talk to me.

She has been extra busy lately, all of us are. It's exam time and it has been hectic. I put all my frustration into studying for exams and it helped me take my mind off Hinata for a while.

***
"Why did you call us here?" Ino asks raising a brow.

"I want some help from you all." I come straight to the point.

They give me a questioning look.

I sigh before giving them a determined look.

"I want to talk to Hinata, by hook or crook."

"And I will do it even if you refuse. I was hoping you would agree to help me though." I add

Our exams ended two days ago and Hinata was still not back to normal and I have run out of patience. I just, I  have to confess my feelings before someone else makes a move on her or I burst open hiding my own feelings.

The girls glance at each other and nod.

"How can we help you?" Sakura asks.

I was surprised by their willingness but spill my plans to them before they change their mind.

I tell them my plan and they are really excited and hopeful about this time.

"I think that this time it will work. Since there is actual peace between Toneri and you, there is a good chance for everything to go back to normal." Sakura says

"I hope so." Tenten mutters looking at me.

I grin. "I will make it happen, dattebayo!"

The girls smile at my optimism. I really do believe it. I have a good feeling about this attempt. I never go back on my word.

Hinata's POV:-

I am tired of staying away from my friends, especially from Naruto. He is making so many attempts... I always walk away. Sometimes I just feel like giving him a hug and saying sorry.

The things the girls said that day is still bothering me. Am I really overreacting? Is Naruto really hurt by my behaviour? No, he is not hurt because he didn't like me like that. But he does consider me as his friend. So I have hurt him? Ugghh!!! This is so frustrating.

I get dressed and get out of my house for some fresh air. And to get rid of him in my thoughts.

Before I know it, I ended up walking to the park. I sigh. I decide to return home when I hear a laugh. I instinctively look around and my eyes eventually find the owner of the laugh and see a red haired girl with glasses with a very familiar blonde boy with a grin on his face.

Naruto-kun.

I had never seen that girl. She stepped forward and hugged Naruto. He looked surprised but relaxed and grinned when she whispered something in his ear. She quickly retracted from the hug but her hand remained on his arms. She said something with a smile and went her way.