Chapter 10

Naruto's Pov :-

My eyes open to the morning sunlight. At first my vision was a blur. I rub my eyes and open them to realise I am on my bed in my room.
And then I remember the events of yesterday.

Hinata.

I grit my teeth.

I will kill him.

How the hell am I here? I remember I was hitting Toneri and then.... What happened after that? Hinata. What happened to her? Oh no...

I jump out of my bed and sprint down the stairs and I am hit by the smell of ramen.

Mom is making ramen.

"Naruto, where are you going so early in the morning? I think you should go back up and rest." I hear dad's voice and I turn towards him.

"Dad. I- I will. First I have to check how is Hinata. Wait. How did I come back home yesterday?

"I brought you home yesterday. Now go and rest." He orders turning back to the paper in his hand.

Why is he acting so strange? He brought me home yesterday. I was unconscious after getting hit. That means...

"Dad." I look at him. "You are the one who hit me yesterday, right?"

"Naruto. We can talk afterwards." He says after a sigh.

"Dad, please. Answer me." I stare at him not backing out before I get an answer.

"Yes. I did. I had no choice. You were going to keep hitting him if I didn't stop you."

I look away from him and I hear him shuffling to his feet and throwing the newspaper down.

"Naruto." He calls but I still don't answer. I was processing what he said.

"Naruto, I am sorry." He says again.

I start walking toward the door, ignoring him.

"Naruto! Where are you going? Stop!" He says with such authority that I stop.

I turn to him.

"Dad, I am not mad at you but I need to see Hinata. I am going to school."

"School day is about to end. They will not let you enter. Tsunade sama has already ordered us to remind you about the rules of Konaha High. You can't go there and beat up Toneri. They have zero tolerance policy towards...."

"Violence inside school premises? I  I remember dad. I am not supposed to fight with fellow teachers and students inside school premises. Don't worry dad I won't break any rules. But I owe him just one more punch." I say smirking and get out of my house before anyone can stop me and start running towards school.

***

I reach school dripping with sweat just to hear the last bell go off. I enter the school and spot Toneri by his locker surrounded by his idiotic friends. I start walking towards him.

His eyes widen when he sees me.

"You- You can't touch me here. M-my friends will not let you touch me and Tsunade will expel you."

I laugh.

"You think your so called 'friends' will save you? Let's see."

I glare at them and start cracking my knuckles and they automatically make way for me.

Easy peasy lemon squeazy.

I grab Toneri by his collars and drag him across the hallway. I was almost out when Tsunade stops me and orders.

"Naruto! Don't you dare break the rules and promote violence inside school premises." She yells, glaring.

I was about to answer when I see her. And all my friends staring at me.

I will talk to her later. After I finish some unfinished business.

"I am not breaking any rules Baa-chan. I am not hiting Toneri and certainly not 'promoting violence inside school premises'. I am just holding Toneri." I tell back to Baachan but my eyes are on Hinata.

"Very well. Just a friendly banter, eh. So I think we don't have any problem here now."

I smile at her words.

Arigato Baa-chan

"And I here was thinking that you would have the nerve to hit me." Toneri says with a smirk on his face

I hold him by his collar and take him outside the school gates while he continues with his blabbering to get a ride out of me.

I drop him once we are outside school gates. Lot of students gather around us and my friends just stare at me. Hinata has her eyes down.

I walk towards Toneri and hold him up.

"I don't care about the rules. They are meant to be broken but I have promised someone and you see I am not like you." I smile.

"You don't have the guts." Toneri says with an evil smile on his face.

"Don't talk about guts, you coward. You didn't have the guts to accept a  rejection. So you tried to do someting cheap and unforgivable." I say, my anger rising by each minute.

"You." I point to him. "Tried to hurt my friend."

"Quit the drama, you blonde baka. I am not ashamed of what I did. It was her punishment for going against me and hanging out with scum like you." He says glaring at him.

I tell and attack him. I punch him in the gut. He doubles over and I catch him to throw him on the ground. I kick him and hold him to punch again.

I am suddenly pulled off and stopped by Sasuke. H was holding me back.

"Let. Me. Go, Sasuke!" I tell at him.

"Toneri you are really lucky. Because I would have killed you by now. DON'T YOU DARE, come near Hinata. Or else you will regret you were born! AND SHE WILL HANG OUT WITH ME!Whether you like it or not, you bastard. NOW GET OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I PLUMMEL YOU TO DEATH." I tell trying to get off Sasuke's hold.

"I will come back blondie and Hinata. She will be mine." Toneri says walking back to his car. He gets into his car and drives away.

Sasuke loosens his hold and I set free from Sasuke and run after the car blind with rage and yelling. Once again Sasuke catches hold of me and although I didn't mean to I punch him on his face and I am about to hit him again when Hinata appears in front of me and puts a hand on my cheek.
(A/N remember the scene in the war when Hinata does the same thing when Naruto was thinking of joining Obito & Madara after Neji's death...)

"Naruto-kun! Calm down. You can't fight your friends because of people like Toneri. Besides he is not worth your anger."

I calm down by her touch and look at her for a minute and nod. I go and apologise to Sasuke who looks at me and then suddenly punches me.

"You see dobe, I don't like to keep debts. Now I don't owe you." Sasuke says with a smirk.

I look at him surprised for a minute  and then we both start laughing like all hell broke loose and we were not punching each other minutes ago.

**********************
Hope you like the chapter.

Comment, vote and enjoy!