Chapter 22

Hinata's POV:-

Everything in my life is going great. I couldn't be more happy with my life. Naruto has made me fall even more head over heels for him.

His public displays of affection leave me blushing in front of everyone but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. When he kisses me, he gets my heart racing and I feel butterflies in my stomach. He still has that effect on me and then comes up with nicknames like 'hime' and I find myself  blushing even harder.

I was returning from grocery store and walking back to his place. I had picked up some groceries for Naruto. His parents would not be home till  tomorrow and I didn't want him to survive on ramen alone.

I had only briefly met his father at a business party but I had not yet had a chance to meet his mother. Naruto talked fondly about her and I would love to meet her someday soon.

I turn the corner to Naruto's house when I see him coming out with a girl. It was the same red headed girl from the park that day. The day he confessed and we got together. A scowl forms on my face.

He hugs her and she kisses him on cheek and bids goodbye. I stand their rooted at my spot with an expression of bewilderment on my face.

What the hell? Who was that girl? Yeah, he didn't kiss her or anything but the fact that I saw him with her twice is making me burn from inside.

He finally looks my way and notices I am standing there. He grins and engulfs me in a hug without offering any explanation. He does realize that I have been standing here for a while. And in my current mood, I felt even more frustrated that he didn't kiss me.

I follow him inside and go straight to the kitchen to start with dinner without any confrontation or actually any kind of conversation. I wanted to calm down and think clearly before I confront him. But what ticked me off was that Naruto kept rambling about school and homework as if nothing happened. I tried to listen until I finally couldn't take it.

"Who was that girl with red hair, Naruto?" I ask, looking him straight in the eye, my voice on edge.

He stops with the rambling and looks at me seriously. He sighs and walks to me taking me by surprise.

He grabs my hand and makes me sit on the couch. He takes my hand in his and gives it a reassuring squeeze. He smiles softly.

"I want an answer, Naruto-kun. Are you..." I whisper

"Her name is Karin." He cuts me off smiling.

I look at him expectantly to go on.

"Uzumaki Karin." He grins. "She is a distant cousin from my mother's side. She just shifted back here and came over for a visit. She is gonna join our school." He gives an extended explanation.

My eyes widen and I look away embarrassed.

"Gomen, Naruto-kun." I mutter, not able to look at him.

Naruto let's out a small chuckle.
He lifts my chin and forces me to meet his gaze.

"Although I liked that you felt jealous over me, you don't need to feel insecure." He says in a soft voice as he brushes his thumb to wipe a stray tear   off my cheek.

"You are the best thing that happened to me and I wouldn't give you up for the world. Do you understand that?" He says looking at me with a stern expression.