Chapter 6

Hinata's Pov :-

All of us are waiting at Ichiraku's for Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke.

"Where the hell is that baka and where is Sasuke and Sakura...it is unlikely for them to be late." Ino mutters obviously irritated that they were late.

Speaking of Ino and Sakura, they think that we, as in Naruto and I would be great couple if we ever dated. That is what they were talking about in the classroom when both of us entered.

"Hinata.." I turn around to see Shino nodding at me.

"Are you stressed Hinata?" He asks in his deep voice.

"No... I was just wondering where Team-7 is." I say with a short smile.

And at that moment the three of them walked in together smiling. Well,  Naruto was smiling, widely. That was something everyone noticed yet no one noticed that it looked like he was crying. His dried tears were visible to me.

"Hinata? Hinata?" Naruto calls, snapping his fingers and managing to break me out of my daze.

"Hey Naruto-kun. Sorry I spaced out..." I say smiling at Naruto.

He smiled and nods. He asks me what I will eat.

"Miso ramen." I answer.

He grins and goes to order for everyone.

"Hey Naruto! One miso ramen for me." Kiba yells.

"Beef ramen." Shino says.

"Double miso ramen." Chouji shouts and everyone shouts their orders.

I sat with Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto at one table. I noticed that throughout the outing Ino and Tenten were talking in low voices and Ino occasionally sent Sakura text messages and she seemed to smile and reply quickly. I frowned.

They usually don't ignore me like this.What is the topic of their discussion?

Naruto's Pov :-

She looks so beautiful when she frowns...

Something about her attracts me so much so that I concentrated more on her facial expressions than my ramen and trust me this is the first time I felt like this.

Maybe because.... No I just don't know.

I sigh and get up to pay the bill. Everyone starts to file out of the shop and leave for their homes.

"Neji can you come with me to my house? I need your help for homework." Tenten says smiling sweetly.

"But...." He starts looking to Hinata.

"You are thinking about Hinata? I am sure Naruto can drop her off, right Naruto?" She gives me glare.

"Yeah sure." I nod ignoring her glare.

"Neji I promise I will drop her at the Hyunga Estate safely." I say giving him a reassuring smile.

"Fine then. Let's go Tenten." he nods.

***

Hinata and I were walking through the lanes when the rain started pouring. We ran to the nearest bus stop and watched the rain silently.

I was going to break the tension when suddenly Hinata asked.
"Naruto-kun, you were crying before you came to Ichiraku, right?"

Hinata's Pov :-

"Naruto-kun, you were crying before you came to Ichiraku, right?"

I was afraid of what I just blurted out without thinking. What if he thinks that it is none of my business and snaps at me.

"I- I am sorry Naruto-kun.I understand if..."

"Yes..." he looks up and starts.

"Yeah. I was crying because I felt that I had ruined my friendship with Sasuke and Sakura because of a stupid argument."

"If you are wondering why I told you about this, it's because I trust you." He looks at me.

I was shocked when I heard that last part.

He trusts me.

"What was the argument about....?" I asked eager to change the subject and diffuse the tension building.

"It was..." He hesitates. "Well about Sakura. I had a crush on her."

So I had guessed right... how would he even notice me when he already had a crush on Sakura. Or he still has a crush on her.

"I think I should drop you off at your house, the rain has stopped." He says after a tense silence.

I nod and start walking with him. After a few minutes of unbearable silence, he started asking me about different things. Like my likes, dislikes, my favorite colour and so on.

I started enjoying this alone time with him and asked him questions too.

***

By the time we reached the Hyunga Estate, we knew quite a bit about each other. He stood awkwardly not really knowing how to say bye.

I said bye and I was about to go inside when he suddenly hugged me.

"Thank you, Hinata. I enjoyed a lot."
Then he releases me and grins.

"Bye Hinata...see you on Monday or before if possible."  He says scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

I smile and go inside engaged in my thoughts.

Today was a good day.

**********************
Thought you would want some naruhina moments so published this chapter today.

Hope you liked it.

Comment, vote and enjoy!