Chapter 39

Naruto's POV:-

My eyes open to a tickling sensation. Kurama was snuggling to me sleeping peacefully.

I get up and look at him in surprise. He never slept with me. His eyes open as he detects movement and looks at me curiously with his big black eyes.

I smile and ruffle his fur. He pats himself with my hand and comes close. It was as if he knew I was upset.

"Naruto..." My dad comes and yells and then stops surprised.

"You are awake." I nod and point to Kurama.

"So are you going to prom?" He asks sitting at the end of my bed.

"I don't think so."

"Come on. It's prom!"

"In case you didn't notice, I don't have a date. I don't want any other date."

"Go single." He says smiling.

"It's no biggie dad. It's just a stupid dance."

"So it's decided. You are going for prom tomorrow." He says and gets up totally ignoring me and I watch him wide eyed.

"But..." I start and the door closes.

***

"Bye mom and dad!" I yell and close the door.

I was not going to prom. I didn't want to be any more miserable than I already am. Seeing all the couples dancing together was just gonna make me cry. Sasuke didn't have my tux or anything. I blatantly lied to my parents.

I would drive some place and just sit there till the night ends. I really didn't care about prom anyways.

But for the sake of it I did wear my white shirt and dress pants on Mom's insistence. I don't know why they insisted anyway.

I get a call from Sasuke and I roll my eyes.

"He-"

"Where are you?!"

"Hello to you too. Not coming."

"But I have your tux!"

"I didn't tell you to rent it!."

"Your Dad told me to rent it out for you! He thought you forgot to tell me."

"Just return it and take your cash back."

"Dobe. There is no refund. I don't know anything, you are coming to prom! We also have a date for you."

"I am not interested."

"If you are not here by 10 minutes, we all are gonna boycott this stupid dance and the girls will be super mad at you. Think about it." And he hangs up.

"As if I am scared of them..." I scoff throwing my phone on the seat and continue driving.

"Damn it!" I yell and hit the steering wheel as I turn the car around towards Konaha High.

***

The party was already hip and trendy by the time I reached. I had just entered the hallway and I could hear the music quite clearly.

An upbeat song was playing and I stood there still deciding if it was worth staying here.

"Thank god you came!"

Busted!

I see Shikamaru and Kiba walking towards me. Both of them give me a hug and grin.

"The girls gave us murderous glares when we said we might boycott prom because of you."

"What a drag this is. Women are troublesome when they are pissed off.. Good decision Naruto."