Chapter 35 // Christmas Special: Mission Successful plus Christmas Party

Here's a very long chapter update for you! :D It's a christmas special and I know it's pretty late but yeah... xD I hope you liked it! It's 1 am right now, and I need my SLEEP! :3 

Dedicated to EmelyBonilla6! Thank you for giving me the gift ideas. Though the girls' gift to the boys is mine. xD 

ENJOY! I'm off to sleep. :3 Excuse the typo's, please. :D

Chapter 35 // Christmas Special: Mission Successful plus Christmas Party

-Miyako’s POV-

   I glanced at Momoko and a frown took over my face. Something’s troubling her, there maybe something on her mind. She keeps on spacing out, scrunching her eyebrows at nothing and she keeps on mumbling some incoherent words.

   She even stumbles on her own feet. She drifts too much in to her own world. Honestly, I’m getting worried.

   “Do you think something’s on her mind?” Kaoru asked. I opened my mouth but she spoke before words could come out. “Wait. That’s a stupid question. Of course there’s something on her mind! Just look at her.” Kaoru exclaimed as she points at Momoko. My eyes followed her and looked at Momoko.

   I sighed. Momoko was putting Christmas ornaments on the Christmas tree with a blank expression. She looks like a zombie, my goodness.

   “She looks…like a zombie.” I said as I carefully choose my words. I was at the kitchen making the food for the Christmas party later tonight and you can see the living room from here, really. We’re at the professor’s. We spend our Christmas here every now and then. And for this years Christmas, we are spending it here. Momoko and Kaoru’s family along with my grandma—which are family friends for a long time now—are going to spend their Christmas on a ski trip. They all agreed that we can stay here for Christmas.

   “Damn straight she does.” Kaoru agreed. “She looks dead.” Usa joked as she passed us with a box on her hands and drops it to the undecorated buffet table a few feet away from the tree.

   “Usa-chi!” I scolded her and she gives me an apologetic smile. Kaoru approaches Usa to help her to set up the buffet table. I closed the oven as I put the last batch of chocolate chip cookies and punched the numbers for it to start baking.

   I wiped my hands with a towel just as Professor Utonium strolled in the kitchen with his chef uniform. I shot Professor a warm smile and he returns it with a smile of his own.

   “Hello Miyako” He greeted.  “You can go help the girls decorate for the party. I’ll be the one to continue cooking here in the kitchen.” He says and I nodded.

   “Thanks Professor” I smiled. “You know what to do when the cookies are done.” I say as I began walking out of the kitchen. “And please, don’t try to burn the kitchen like last time!” I called and I hear a few clatter and noises in the kitchen before he answers with,

   “Hey! Have more faith in my mad cooking skills!” Professor whined. I heard Kaoru and Usa laugh and I giggle. “I’ll try, Professor.” I replied and approached a snickering Kaoru and an eyebrow raised Usa.