Chapter 6 // Mystery of the Blonde Guy at the Greenhouse

Chapter VI. Mystery of the Blonde Guy at the Greenhouse

//Momoko’s POV

“OUCH!” Someone gasped in the room with Kaoru.

I looked knowingly at Miyako and we both decided to just go along with it. Sigh, Kaoru is so easy to read when she’s hiding something.

“That’s Butch inside with Kaoru, right?” I whispered to Miyako.

“Yeah…” She nodded her head.

“I knew it. She’s so easy to read when it comes to things she hides” I sighed. Mostly when she hides something she gets all giddy and nervous, she begins to stutter.

“Just go along with it”

“Haii~” Miyako giggled and took in a deep breath,

“DID THE COCKROACH JUST SAID ‘OUCH’?!” she says loudly and acted like she was panicking. I muffled my laughter. This is going to be fun.

Acting skills, don’t fail me now. I also sucked in a deep breathe,

“That’s it, we are going in there!” I said with force. Both Miyako and I fought our urge to laugh at the current situation. It’s just too funny, but the big question is… what’s Butch doing in Kaoru’s house? I mean, Out of all us three… Kaoru’s the one who has deep hatred toward the three hooligans.

“Holy flapjacks!”

We heard Kaoru scream inside her room and it became noisy. We slowly unlocked the door and we cautiously walked inside.

Put in one foot, then the other, and then do it again… We stopped in the middle of her room. We looked around and both of them were nowhere to be found.

“Where did Kao-chan go?” Miyako asked still pretending we don’t know Butch is with her.

I shrugged and scanned the whole place. My eyes stopped at the open window and I looked at Miyako,

“Do you think she jumped off on that window?”

“Why would she do that?? Unless… she’s hiding something from us” Miyako said cautiously.

Honestly, why would she jump off? Unless if she transformed. But transforming would take you a minute or two and if she did we would’ve seen a bright green light flashing under her door before we barged in. So Transforming is a no.

“Miya-chi, she can’t jump off from the window… we’re on the eight floor, remember?--”

“--Unless she transformed” I whispered oh-so quietly in her ear. And she nodded.

Where could she be hiding? We checked under the bed and came up on thing. Our only last option was…

Her closet

Miyako nudge me with her elbow, “Should we open it???” She asked softly

I thought for a while and came up with an evil brilliant idea. “I have an idea, Follow my lead” She nodded.

“Just tell them we decided to camp in your closet” Butch joked. We laughed a little at this and I put my plans into action.

“That’s honestly weird, it’s like Kaoru vanished in thin air…” I wondered aloud.

“Do you think she’s been eaten by aliens!?” Miyako gasped, “Miyako, you’re exaggerating… She must be in the bathroom. Let’s just go”

“Okay” Miyako says

Then I whispered into Miyako’s ears, “Go beside the closet!”

She went beside the closet and I went to the door. I opened the door and closed it, but actually I didn’t go outside. I ran to the other side of the closet.