Chapter 18 // Attack

// Kaoru’s POV

   Goddamnit. She’s choking me! My back is on the tree and she is currently choking me. I kicked her but before I could kick her in the stomach she quickly backed away, both of her hands sliding on the ground as she backed away from me. I fell on the ground with a thud and coughed.

   The park was now a deserted place where only the white shadow puff is here and me. All of the people left a long time ago. The park looked like a ghost town. The other parts of the ground were smashed and tree’s has been cut in half and the benches were wrecked.

   This girl is equally powerful and strong as I am. Both of us haven’t given up yet and I think we’ve been fighting for a few hours now. Damn it, Miyako must be hungry already. How can I beat this girl?!

   As Bell was a few meters away from me, her pose looked like a tiger waiting for it prey to move. Both of her hands glowed again, that ball of white light with lightning swirling around it, there it is again and I am not going to let her hit me that.

   I readied my self for her. I raised my hammer just above my shoulders and looked at her. Those balls of white looked seriously dangerous. 

   She looked at me and smirked and ran towards me, “HAAAA!” She muttered under her breath as she ran towards me.

   This is it Buttercup. Get ready for her and not the impact.

   Good lord. I hope I’ll be fine. One ball of those was enough to send Miyako hospitalized, if I get hit by two of those that’s enough to kill me.

//Boomer’s POV

   Miyako’s session with the psychiatrist should be done now. I saw Kaoru’s note so as soon as I woke up I went here. I walked through the entrance of the clinic and saw Miyako sitting silently in her wheel chair in the waiting area.

   That’s weird. Why is she alone? Shouldn’t Kaoru be with her? Maybe she’s in the ladies’ room.

   She beamed at me as soon as she saw me. Whoa, this is new. It’s the first time I get to see her smile again. That’s great news!

   I smiled at her, “Hey there, you’re smiling again! That’s good!” She gave me a smile and nodded her head. I wonder if she can speak again?

   “Where’s Kaoru? Isn’t she here with you?”

   Miyako shook her head and took her writing pad and began writing on it. As soon as she finished she handed it to me. Guess’ she can’t speak yet. But at least the sessions with the psychiatrist is working.