Chapter 7

~PLEASE COMMENT YOUR OPINIONS AND VOTE~

I jumped forward at him only to be slammed on the ground. Isaac jumped at Derek next but failed miserably landing next to me, barely missing me. Erica appeared above the train and jumped at Derek who spun around and grabbed her throwing her to the ground. Boyd watched us from the stairs and winced as each of us were thrown.

"Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?" Derek yelled at us and I stood up. I ran at him and pretended to be going for his stomach but at the last second ducked down and swung my leg knocking his feet out from under him so he fell on his back. He kicked me and I flew through the air landing on my feet with one hand on the ground.

I flashed my wolf eyes as he stood up. "That was better. Erin's definitely the best fighter," he said before looking up at me. His face went blank for a moment and I let my eyes go back to human colors. He shook his head stepping forward, "show me your eyes again." He grabbed my chin and looked into my eyes.

I stared at him and shifted my wolf eyes back. "What? What's wrong?" I asked as his face scrunched in confusion. "Your, your eyes. They have a ring of white around the pupil" Derek said and I looked in the window of the train. He was right, I still had my golden eyes but around my pupil there was a thin ring of white.

"What does that mean?" I asked looking back at Derek who was still staring intently. "I don't know, but until I find out I don't want you shifting in public. We can't risk the Argents or any other hunter finding out." I nodded and my eyes returned to blue.

He walked back over to the other three. "Does anyone else wanna try?" He said and Erica glared at me and jumped on Derek smashing her lips to his. I rolled my eyes in disgust walking over to sit next to Boyd who was grimacing as well.

Derek threw her back on the ground and wiped his lips. "That's the last time you do that." he said pointing at her. "Why? Because I'm a beta?" she asked looking up at him. "No, because I have someone else in mind for you."

Isaac sat up grimacing with pain. "Are we done? I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal." I face palmed as he finished. Why the hell would he say that? "This isn't going to end well" i whispered to Boyd hiding my face in his large arm for a second.

"Come here." Derek took a hold of Isaac's arm before squeezing it. There was a snap heard and Isaac screamed. Derek let go standing back up. "A hundred and one. You think I'm teaching you how to fight? Huh?" We all shied away from our alpha as he began getting angry. "Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive!" He began walking out of the room.

Isaac grabbed his now healing arm in his hand. "If they wanted us dead why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?" Derek stopped and turned around. "I don't know. But they're planning something. And you and Erin especially know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. Until we find out what it is, you need to learn everything that I know. As fast as I can teach you."

<*-*<~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*>*-*>

The next day I was forced to go to school by Derek. He said I had to spy on Scott and Stiles. Apparently last night while we were training Stiles had to go to the car shop to get a repair done, thanks to Erica's stalling. Which was just ripping a part out of his Jeep and hitting him in the face with it, then throwing him in a dumpster. While he was there he somehow was paralyzed and some creature attacked the mechanic, killing him.

So I'm supposed to see if I can hear anything about the creature or what they're planning to do about it. "I don't know why I have to do it. Derek says it's because they trust me the most, yeah because Scott trusts me so much after I almost maimed him in the ice rink.

I walked into school and people's heads turned towards me. I guess people aren't used to the fact that Erin Redoff is hot now. I ignored them and looked around before spotting Scott and Stiles sitting on the stairs. I stood off to the side and listened in on their conversation.

"Come on, you're the only one that we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?" Scott asked Stiles who typed frantically on his phone. 'Yes! Okay message complete. Now, tell me about your boss?"

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book." Scott said staring down at his phone.

"He probably means a bestiary" Stiles nodded.

Scott looked confused. "What?"

"A bestiary." Stiles repeated.

"I think you mean bestiality." Scott corrected.

"Nope, pretty sure I don't. It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures."

"How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff?" Scott asked.

"Okay, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine."

"Okay. If we can find it, and can tell us what this thing is-"

"And who" Stiles cut in. Who? What can that mean? Can tell who the creature is? That means it's a shapeshifter, someone turns into the creature! I quickly pulled out my phone and sent Derek a text.

I listened in on their conversation. They said they needed to find a book to find out what the creature is and who so I think it's a shape shifter, meaning someone turns into it.

I put my phone in my pocket knowing I wasn't gonna get an answer and looked up only to let out a small shriek. A guy stood in front of me, very close may I add. He had brown hair spiked up and pretty blue eyes. "Hey" he smiled and I took a step away. "Hi?" I said, it coming out as more of a question. "Oh sorry, I'm Matt" he held out a hand. I raised an eyebrow and grabbed his hand.

My vision went white for a second before it came back but with a different scene. I saw water, a swimming pool I think. I saw people in bathing suits with drinks in their hands and underwater. I saw a struggling body, like he can't swim. I couldn't see his face but he looked quite young, around ten I think. He was struggling while everyone just sat there in the pool and outside of it.

My vision returned to normal and Matt was staring at me with a weird expression. "Oh um I'm Erin" I released his hand quickly crossing my arms. "Yeah uh we have geometry together, I sit right behind you." I furrowed my eyebrows not remembering seeing him in class. "Hm, I don't remember sorry" his smile faltered for a second before a wicked looking grin took it's place. "That's fine, at least you know now" I looked over to see Stiles returning to Scott.

Matt was about to say something but I interrupted. "Sorry uh Matt I have to go, I'll see you around though." I walked away from him and took a glance back to see him glaring. I shook the weird feeling away and turned around listening back into the conversation.

"Yes, Seen her grandfather. With a book like that." Stiles said panting slightly. "Go ask her where her grandfather might keep the book" Scott said shooing and Stiles ran away. He returned a few minutes later completely out of breath. "She says. Has to be. Office."

He ran off and this time I ran after him following him through the halls and out the doors. I hid behind a tree listening in as he talked to Allison who sat on a bench. "You know, drug dealers have been using disposable cellphones pretty successfully for years," he said tired of being the message deliverer between the hidden couple.

"My parents check every call, email and text message I send. Trust me, they'd find it," Allison said.

Stiles ended the topic. "All right, can you get the book?" Allison shook her head. "Not without the keys."

I heard enough and decided to ditch the rest of school. I really don't wanna run home though and I doubt Derek will come pick me up. I spotted the bike rack and a bike was chained up to it. I looked around making sure the coast was clear before jogging over to the rack. I grabbed the chain and yanked on it breaking it in half.

Tossing the chain to the side I grabbed the bike and hopped on it pedaling to the warehouse. I made it there in less than five minutes (thank you supernatural powers) and hide the bike in an alley before running inside. I ran inside the train where Derek stood and Isaac was laying on one of the seats. "Big news which I'm guessing you don't know cause you never answered my text."

Derek shook his head. "I lost it." I rolled my eyes, "figures." "Okay, so I listened in on Scott's and Stiles' conversation. I got two things from it. One, they said they need to find out what the creature was and who. I think it's a shape shifter like us." Derek nodded for me to continue.

"And two, they're looking for a book, I think they called it a bestiary, to find out what the creature is. They're gonna get it from Allison's grandpa tonight during the game." I decided not to tell Derek about my little vision. It probably wasn't anything important, just me hallucinating or something.

"Okay we gotta go tonight, Isaac you can't cause your still a fugitive." Derek said pointing at Isaac who threw his arms up. "Why am I the only one not being able to do anything?!" he said pouting. Derek ignored him and left the train to go find his phone to contact Erica and Boyd. Isaac sighed sitting back and I moved over to him sitting down on his lap.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he remained with a sad look. "I feel useless" he said. "It's okay, we'll figure something out." He gave me a half-hearted smile. "I just wanna help some how. Like I said I'm useless." I gave him a small smile and stood hearing Derek call us. I noticed Boyd and Erika just arriving and I gave Boyd a hug and Erica a side bump.

Derek then began explaining the plan for tonight. Boyd and I were to go to the game to keep an eye on Allison, her grandpa/our principal Gerard, and Scott, while Erica and Derek went to go get information about the creature from Stiles. Isaac obviously had to stay home.

Tonight is gonna be eventful.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

VOTE AND COMMENT

Byeeeee