Chapter 2

I sighed as Isaac and I walked towards Sheriff Stilinski. I stayed close to Isaac's side, his dad was giving us a stare down. We were called in after the report of a cemetery robbery. We obviously know what happened but we couldn't tell anyone, Derek's orders. Derek was the guy that saved us and he offered us something, something we could never pass up. Isaac and I are now werewolves, yeah crazy I know. But it's true, and that guy that was at the grave yard that attacked the machine was one too. He 

Sheriff Stilinski shook our hands and tucked his back into his pocket. "So you two were working in the cemetery last night?" Isaac and I nodded together. "What're your names?"

"Isaac Lahey and Erin Redoff," I said as Isaac stayed quiet. He wrote down he scribbled them down and looked back up at Isaac. "You two work for your father, Isaac?"

Before Isaac could answer he dad started talking. "When their not in school. Which is where they need to be in 20 minutes." For once I agree with Isaac's dad, I really hate being questioned and interviewed. The sheriff rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I understand that. But I've got a missing teenage girl, and our K-9 unit led us here. She's not wearing any clothes, and if she's out here tonight, and the temperature really drops-"

Isaac started panicking and cut him off. "I'm sorry. I-I didn't see anything." I took his hand behind his back and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Trust me, if he saw a naked girl outside a computer screen, he'd remember." I scoffed at him and Isaac gave me a warning look but I couldn't contain myself. The anger boiled up in me and I snapped, "does that go for you too?" I saw Sheriff Stilinski hold in his laughter at my remark.

Isaac's dad gave me a glare and I gulped. Sheriff narrowed his eyes at Isaac. "How'd you get that black eye, Isaac?" I heard Isaac's heartbeat rise and my hand squeezed his tighter. His heartbeat slowly went back down and my eyes landed on something in the woods, or rather someone.

Derek must've noticed me calming Isaac because he gave me a nod. "School," Isaac spit out and his dad watched him closely. But the sheriff didn't seem so convinced. "School fight?"

Isaac shook his head. "Nah, lacrosse." His eyes perked up at the mention of lacrosse. "Lacrosse? You play for Beacon Hills?" Isaac nodded his head. "Yeah."

My eyes stayed locked with Derek's until he motioned for me to pay attention. My eyes flicked back to Sheriff Stilinski. "My son plays for the team. Well, I mean, he- he's on the team. He doesn't typically play."

I smiled and let out a laugh. "Yeah Stiles. We have Chemistry together," I said taking some tension off Isaac who was looking quite under pressure. Stiles' dad smiled at me and nodded. "Yep, that's my boy."

His looked back at Isaac who was now looking at Derek. "Something wrong, Isaac?" He looked where Derek was standing but he was gone. Isaac shook his head.

"No, Oh, no, sorry. I was just remembering, I actually have a morning practice to get to." Isaac and I started to walk but he stopped us again. "Just one more question. You guys get many grave robberies here?"

I nodded. "A few."

"Usually, they just take stuff like jewelry." Isaac added and I agreed with him. Sheriff scribbled down the information and looked back up. "What'd this one take?"

I swallowed before replying. "Her liver."

<*-*> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 "You saw Derek to right?" I asked once we were out of sight and hearing distance of his dad or the sheriff. He nodded tucking his hands in his pockets. "You shouldn't have said that to my dad"

I scoffed as I speed walked to keep up with him. "What was I supposed to do? Just let him be a total dick to you?" I said breathing heavier. His longs legs were giving him a huge advantage. One of his steps were two of mine and he was scurrying to get away from the scene.

He ignored me and continued walking until the school came into distance. I grabbed his arm. "Isaac! What's wrong?" I said and he pulled his arm away from me.

"Yes you were supposed to let him. You're suppose to stay out of it as much as you can. Because I can't let you get hurt, Erin. If you were seriously hurt I wouldn't know what to do. I would probably go insane! I need you, I need you to be okay for me to be okay." I swallowed as he stared at me intently. I ran into his arms hugging him

Even if I have the biggest crush on him, I couldn't ask for a better friend. His arms wrapped around me holding me tightly. "It's gonna be okay Isaac. We're gonna be phenomenal, we're gonna be stronger than we ever were. Then we don't have to worry about him hurting us." He nodded and pulled away.

"Come on let's go"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sighed walking into Chemistry and sitting down in my usual seat behind Stiles. The bell rang and Mr. Harris walked in beginning to talk and pass out the pop quiz. Stiles and Scott were talking about something and I listened in.

"What if the next body part she steals is from someone who's still alive?" Wait, are they talking about the graveyard robbery? I tapped on Stiles shoulder but before he could  turn around Mr. Harris interrupted.

" This is a pop quiz, Mr. Stilinski. Detention after school. If I hear your voice again, I may be tempted to give you detention for the rest of your high school career." Curiosity getting the best of me I raised my hand.

"Can you do that?" I asked twirling my hair. He glared at me and I smiled at him. "Well, there it is again, your voice Ms. Redoff. Triggering the only impulse I've ever had to strike a student repeatedly and violently. "Do you want to see me at 3:00 for detention as well?"

I shook my head. "No sir I just don't think you c-" he cut me off by holding up with hand. "No more Ms. Redoff." I nodded sighing and leaning back in my seat.  "You too, Mr. McCall?" Scott shook his head. "No sir"

Mr. Harris nodded and returned to his desk as we returned to our pop quiz. Scott looked back at me with a weird expression. I mouthed 'what' and he shook his head. I shrugged to myself before returning to my quiz.

COMMENT OPINION AND VOTE PLEASE