Chapter 1

The bell went off signaling the end of the school day. I sighed, picking up my stuff and tossing my long hair over my shoulder, walking up to my best friend Isaac's desk. His hair was wild today, his curls flying everywhere from all the stress he's been holding.

I sat on top of it, running my hand threw his hair, trying to tame it. I smiled down at him. "So, what're our plans?"

His eyes flicked to me for a second before he shut his book, shuffling his things into his backpack before standing up. "I have practice, but since you're waiting for me, after practice we can do whatever you want until seven. I have the night shift at the graveyard tonight."

I squealed as he stood up, shifting my gaze upwards as he now towered over me. "I'm coming with you to the graveyard." He rolled his eyes, casually wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I didn't think much of it, he always does it.

We walked out of the classroom, ignoring the teacher's farewell. Isaac stopped before we ran into the mob of teens, quickly slipping us in between them so we can easily make our way to my locker.

"Why do you like to go so much?" He asked with a smile that made my insides flutter. His straight teeth were on display which means he was smiling his real smile, not just a closed mouth one he forces to make me happy. I don't see many of these smiles anymore, he's been both stressed and depressed lately because of his no good father.

We stopped at my locker and he took my books like a gentleman. I gave him a thankful smile and twisted my combination in, opening it. "I don't know. You're always alone so I wanna keep you company. Also the machine thingy is really cool."

He laughed, setting my books on the top shelf -I always have trouble because of me being slightly on the shorter side- and I shut my locker. I turned around, ready to start walking down the hall again when I locked eyes with someone across the hall.

Jackson.

 We used to date back in eighth grade, and we were head over heels for each other. But then when we got in high school, he changed. He got more popular and arrogant, and joined the lacrosse team. I stayed in the shadows with Isaac.

With him and lacrosse and me playing cross country, focusing on school, and hanging out with Isaac, we never saw each other. He always got extremely jealous of Isaac when we would hang out and I refused to stop being friends with him. One thing led to another and we broke up. We've talked sometimes since then but it's still awkward.

Isaac moved to stand in front of me breaking our stare, a concerned look on his face. Isaac was the more quiet one of the two of us. He was tall and lanky, kind of awkward looking. He has adorable sandy blonde, almost light brown curls and blue eyes that changed to green often. While I had straight light brown hair down to my lower back and blue eyes. I let out a sigh, shaking my head at him so he wouldn't say anything. He gave me a reassuring smile, wrapping his arm around my shoulder again and leading me away. With one last look over my shoulder at Jackson, we turned the corner and into the locker room hallway.

I waved at Stiles who was walking into the locker room with his best friend, Scott. Stiles sits next to me in chemistry, he's usually my lab partner when we get assigned. The teacher usually goes in alphabetical order by last name and because his last name is Stilinski and mine is Redoff, we're always paired. We were kind of friends, we didn't hang out or anything, but ganging up on teachers and making snarky, sarcastic comments together counts as something, right?  He smiled at me before entering the locker room behind Scott.

"I'll be on the bleachers," I told Isaac and he nodded, pulling up his bag and entering the locker room. I took a short cut to get outside, going through the girls locker room and opening the door that led to the lacrosse field. I began to walk across it, slipping a headphone in my ear and tapping shuffle. I climbed the bleachers, sitting in the top left corner. Soon enough the team came out along with the few people who watch the practice. There wasn't very many, usually just friends or girlfriends that watch. Lydia Martin and her friend Allison are here most of the time to watch Scott and Stiles, but I didn't see them today. Isaac waved at me and I smiled and waved back. Now I just have to sit through two hours of practice.

<^_^<                >^_^>

"Come on, just think about it." 

Isaac shook his head, picking up some more dirt with the lift and turning the machine before setting it down. He was digging a grave for a woman named Kate Argent, I believe Allison Argent's aunt, who's funeral was in the morning. We were sitting in the machine as Isaac worked. It was small so I was basically sitting on his lap, I wasn't very willing to but he insisted so I was comfortable. It was dark outside and kinda creepy but we were used to it.

"Even if we did run away, where would we go?" He snapped without looking at me. He always get's so defensive about this topic, I didn't understand why. He even says how he wants to leave his dad, so why not?

"I don't know! Arizona, Mexico, China! Who knows! We should just go be free, I just- I wanna live without fear," my voice cracked at the end, the last part more of a cry than anything else. My eyes left him, casting down on my sweatshirt covered hands -actually it's Isaac's sweatshirt.-

Isaac removed his hands from the controls and turned towards me taking my hands in his. His soft eyes watched me until I looked up, connecting our gazes together. "Erin, we can't just up and leave our lives. I know it's hard, I'm sorry. But I don't want us to leave if we have no money, I don't want to make you have to live off the streets and starve. I promise I'll find a way to make it better for us, okay?" 

I nodded and it went silent. We stared at each other, I was lost in his eyes which have changed to more of a blue now. Suddenly, a growl like sound was casted out around us, making us jump slightly. We released each other and he turned back towards the controls. He turned the machine left and right to shine the light around as we looked. My hands were clutching his forearm, goosebumps rising on my skin.

He stopped when we saw a gross, dirty hand on one of the grave stones, it was human but it had claws. "What the hell?" Isaac whispered as it disappeared behind the stone. We exchanged a scared look before we heard snarling coming from our left. We looked and I let out a scream.

Running towards us on all fours was a human, but it's face resembled a wolf. His canine teeth were sharp, sideburns running down his face and glowing golden yellow eyes. We both screamed as it ran into the machine, tipping it over. We fell inside of the grave Isaac was digging and the machine landed on top of the grave. The glass shattered and rained on top of us as we scurried into the shadows and out of sight.

"Isaac?" I whispered into the darkness of the grave. I felt him scurry towards me and saw the shape  of him sit next to me. My hands wrapping around his forearm again, a habit I caught when I get scared.

"Are you okay?" he asked, removing a piece of glass from my hair. I nodded, looking upwards as snarling and growling was heard from above and I tightened my grip on Isaac. Gently removing my hand for a second, he peeked up out of the grave at whatever it was, quickly dropping back down and moving over to me again.

"We're gonna die. Oh god, we're gonna die. I don't wanna die. I have so much to do still! I still wanna go to college and get married and-" my ranting was interrupted by a humungous roar. 

Silence took over and I felt Isaac clutch my hand in his tightly. The machine then slowly began to be lifted from above the grave and light slowly began to pour inside. The machine landed upright and a man appeared above us.

He was young, probably in his early 20's, pretty hot if I do say so myself. He was wearing plain jeans and a t-shirt with a leather jacket. He had jet black hair and dull bluish- green eyes. He stopped at the edge of the grave and reached out a hand, flashing a charming smile that just about had me swooning. 

"Need a hand?"

COMMENT YOUR OPINION AND VOTE PLEASE