Chapter 18

Ok me and Fred are sort of dating but not.

It's hard to explain.

But he came along to my lessons with Moody each week, Moody seemed happy about it. Fred the dummy and I'd try my best not to kill him.

"Melissa, tomorrow's lesson I'm going to be using the Imperius Curse on everyone. Just for a heads up." Moody said before I left.

I'm his favourite student. He tells me before hand what each lesson is going to hold and he even trusts me alone in his office now.

"But - but you said it's illegal, Professor," said Granger uncertainly as Moody cleared away the desks with a sweep of his wand, leaving a large clear space in the middle of the room. "You said - to use it against another human was -"

Everyone else had just been told.

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," said Moody. "If you'd rather learn the hard way - when someone's putting it on you so they can control you completely - fine by me. You're excused. Off you go."

He pointed one gnarled finger toward the door. Granger went very pink and muttered something about not meaning that she wanted to leave.

Moody began to beckon students forward in turn and put the Imperius Curse upon them. I watched as my classmates did the most extraordinary things. Dean hopped three times around the room, singing the national anthem. Lavender imitated a squirrel. Neville performed a series of quite astonishing gymnastics he would certainly not have been capable of in his normal state. Not one of them seemed to be able to fight off the curse, and each of them recovered only when Moody had removed it.

"Melissa," Moody growled, "you next."

I walked into the centre of the room more nervous than everyone else, I wondered if the class had been practiced on with spells in the past. I had never had a spell cast on me before, what would happen?

"Imperio!" Moody said pointing his wand at me.

It was the most wonderful feeling. It was a floating sensation as every thought and worry in my head was wiped gently away, leaving nothing but a vague, untraceable happiness.

"Now run around the room." I heard Moody say.

"Ok Melissa, run around the room." A soft dreamy voice said inside my head.

"Why?" I thought.

"Because you want to." The voice said.

"Yeah but what's the point?" My head said in reason.

"It's fun." The voice said.

"But why?! What gain will it give me? Will I feel happier if I run around the room?" I asked inside my head.

"You will feel loads happier if you run around the room." The voice said.

"I don't think I will." I said in a final thought.

"Ok just stand here." The voice said sadly.

"I think I will." My stubborn head voice said.

I suddenly felt a horrid pain.

"FUCK!" I screamed.

I think my leg is broken.

"MY LEG IS BROKEN!" I shouted sitting on the desk.

"How did you manage to break your leg?" Lavender asked sitting next to me.