Chapter 13

I woke up that morning feeling terrible.

Terrible that I was alone.

Terrible that the stupid hat wouldn't listen.

Terrible that my friends are in the rival house.

Terrible everything!

I dragged myself out of bed and went to the bathroom, I took a quick shower and put my make-up on before doing my hair.

I got dressed and packed my bag before going down to breakfast... alone.

I sat down and started to eat before time-tables were handed out.

"Today's not bad...outside all morning," said Weasley, who id noticed was running his finger down the Monday column of his schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures...damn it, we're still with the Slytherins...."

Yes! A lesson with my friends.

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned.

"You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" said Granger briskly. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy."

"You're eating again, I notice," said Weasley.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Granger haughtily.

"Yeah...and you were hungry,"

"MELISSA!" I heard my name called across the hall. It was Draco. "GET OVER HERE!"

I smiled and walked over.

"Hi." I said still holding my toast.

"Sit." Pansy said shoving me onto the bench. "You're eating with us."

"Isn't that against the rules?" I asked.

"Who cares." A random Slytherin said.

There was a sudden rustling noise above me, and a hundred owls came soaring through the open windows carrying the morning mail. The owls circled the tables, looking for the people to whom their letters and packages were addressed. Draco's eagle owl had landed on his shoulder, carrying what looked like sweets and cakes from Narcissa.

I saw Rosabelle come with loads of mail.

"Rosabelle!" I called as she was heading the wrong way. She got the hint and dropped my parcels off before sitting on the bench next to me.

"You have loads!" Blaise said.

"I know, it's amazing." I said opening my first parcel which was sweets and cakes from Narcissa.

The second was my boots which I had ordered but they didn't arrive in time.

The third was muggle chocolates.

The last I opened but it came with a note.

Dear Missa,

Here's your dress you and June picked. It looks amazing, I need a photo of you wearing it.

It's been a day and we already miss you. Draco wrote and said you were sorted into Gryffindor. It doesn't matter, if anyone gives you stick for it. Well, your thing with fire.

We miss you and you have to write regularly. Miss you.

Charlie'

I smiled and put the letter in my bag.

"Nobody can look inside this parcel." I demanded putting it with the rest. "Maybe Pansy."

"Yay! I'm special! Anyway, we have to go! See you in creatures Melissa." Pansy said as I took off to the Gryffindor common room to drop my packages off.