Chapter 16

Fred's POV.

I just kissed Melissa!

I just kissed her! What was I? Stupid!

Shes upset and thinks the worlds against her. I'm just making her confused.

"Ooo, isn't it Mr Freddie. What are you doing all alone!" Peeves joked flying around me.

"Waiting for my partners in crime Mr Peeves. Have you seen them?" I said as I walked and he floated down the corridor.

"No, but I'll go and find them. Stay here Freddie." Peeves said going through the wall. I sat on the window and waited.

I hope Melissa is ok, she seemed really upset.

I waited in the silence for a while. It was weird for me, silence. I'm normally in the centre of attention with loud noises going on around me.

SoonI heard cries and footsteps running towards me.

"FREEED RUN!" George shouted heading my way while Peeves was chasing him and Lee while throwing water bombs at them.

"Thanks Peeves." I laughed when they got to us.

"You mad?!" Lee asked his hair dripping, "We just got chased down the corridor by Peeves because you wondered off and couldn't find us?!"

"Yeah pretty much." I said honestly. "Hey Peeves, do you think you can throw a water balloon at Hermione Granger tomorrow?"

"What are you planning Fred?" George asked.

"Well, Hermione upset Melissa and I heard she made a deal with you Peeves. We can't have a fellow prankster upset can we?" What I really wanted to say was I like Melissa and dont want anything to happen to her.

"Good idea. Peeves can you do that? But don't tell Melissa about the plan, I think it would be much more satisfying if it was a surprise." George said giving me a high-five.

"Certainly Mr and Mr Weasley. Mr Jorden are you along with the plan?"

"Of course Peeves count me in." Lee said proudly.

"Hey! What are you lot doing down there?!" Oh no Filch.

"Freddie, do we run now?" George asked.

"I think so. RUN!" We took off running away from Flich.

I hope Peeves will help.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Melissa's POV

I woke up early, really early. I thought I would send a letter so I got up, got dressed and walked up to the owlery.

Only I met Peeves on the way.

"Well if it isn't little Melly-Minnie- Melissa. What are you doing here so early?" He said blocking my way.

"Sending a letter. Please move." Wait he's a ghost walk through him. I did just that and carried on.

"Have you decided who you don't want me to prank yet?" I had completely forgotten about that.

Just say the first person that comes into your head.

Fred.

No no! Can't say that.

"JJ."

Good one.

"Jasmine-Jinx. She's a first year Gryffindor. Very smart at the dark arts and only likes being called JJ."

"Ikle JJ. No pranking will come to her. I'll keep you posted Melly-Minnie." He said before taking off.

What a weird ghost.

The Owlery was a circular stone room, rather cold and drafty, because none of the windows had glass in them. The floor was entirely covered in straw, owl droppings, and the regurgitated skeletons of mice and voles. Hundreds upon hundreds of owls of every breed imaginable were nestled here on perches that rose right up to the top of the tower, nearly all of them asleep.

"Rosabelle." I said before she flew down onto the table where I quickly wrote a letter.

'Dear Charlie,

Thanks for the stuff. I love it! I haven't tried on the dress yet and still have no idea why I need it. I'll tell you when the time comes.

A tournament is coming to Hogwarts, Tri-Wizard. It was cancelled years ago because the death rate was to high.

Draco's right, I was sorted into Gryffindor. I'm not happy about it. What can I do? Just living a day at a time.'

Should I mention about Fred?

'I miss you loads and I hope to see you soon.

Missa.'

No. I won't mention Fred.

"Hey Rosa', give this to Charlie. He'll give you treats with bug him." I said putting the letter on her leg and watches her fly out the so called window.

I started to write another letter, to Fred. We kisses for heaven sake, I can't forget about it or just ignore if ever happened.

'We could talk if you want. Or.'

I was writing until Harry entered the Owlery.

"Oh hey." I said smiling.

"Hey, writing to your family?" I nodded.

"You?"

"A friend." He simply said scribbling something down then giving the letter to his owl.

"Just find him, all right?" Harry said, stroking her back as he carried her on his arm to. "Before the dementors do."

She nipped his finger, hooted softly in a reassuring sort of way all the same. Then she spread her wings and took off into the sunrise.

"A criminal friend?" I joked.

"Er..."

"I have them to, Ray and Neil got busted for robbing a liqueur store. They normally did petty theft, but this was a big one. And there was Jacob, he died a few years ago though. I won't tell anyone." I said reassuring him.

"Thanks, about yesterday with Hermione..."

"It's ok, I'm over it. Got bigger thing to think about, like picking a name for my upcoming sibling." I returned to my letter.

It was pants anyway so I burnt it.

"Sorry anyway and I guess I'll see you later?" I looked at him smiled and nodded.

Harry left and I returned to writing my letter.

'Do you want to talk about last night? Mel.'

There, short and sweet.

I just sent Rosa off.

I looked around and just took the first owl I saw. It was small and very excitable. I picked him up, tied the letter to his leg and watched him fly off.

I left the Owlery and returned to the common room. Fell onto the couch and watched the fire.

Alone.