Chapter 26: Forever

Bonnie did the search for Klaus as soon as they got to Detroit and saw that he was in a bar, so they found an abandoned office nearby to perform the spell in. Damon went to find them a criminal while Sheila set up the spell. Caroline pulled her aside once Damon was gone as she felt like she had to say something.

"I'm so sorry about Damon." Caroline apologized to her gently. "I genuinely had no idea that he'd stop me from doing it." She promised and Sheila gave her a smile.

"Sweetheart, I'm actually very happy about it. I've been dreading having to stop your heart." Sheila admitted surprising Caroline. "But that's not the only thing that you wanted to talk to me about." She observed and Caroline sighed.

"Can you do the spell with Bonnie? Please? Use her power?" Caroline requested pleadingly.

"Why?" Sheila queried.

"You saw my memories." Caroline reminded. "You can't die." She pleaded. "Bonnie needs you so much and if she loses you, I'll lose her. Please."

"Alright." Sheila agreed reassuringly, seeing that the young blonde was super worried about it.

Damon returned half an hour later with a guy who just looked like a criminal. There was no doubt that he was one – though, he was visibly compelled if his blank expression was anything to go by.

"Lie down over there." Damon directed and the man went to where Damon had pointed then lay down.

"What did he do?" Bonnie questioned sceptically.

"Raped two women and killed his mother." Damon answered and the women grimaced at the thought of that. "No need to worry about restarting his heart." He smirked and Sheila, Caroline and Bonnie rolled their eyes at him.

"Stefan, I had an idea." Caroline stated and he looked at her. "Future Stefan told me that you and Klaus used to pick each other's dinner." She stated and he nodded.

"Where are you going with this?" Damon asked her suspiciously.

"Well, I was thinking that Stefan could pick me for Klaus then while he's feeding you could snap his neck from behind. It would be better if he doesn't think that Stefan had anything to do with it. Then while he's out, Stefan can touch his chest for the spell." Caroline explained.

"Why can't he do that with someone else then?" Damon asked annoyed and she deadpanned at him.

"I swear to God if you start with this crap again, I'm going to kick your ass." Caroline warned and they all couldn't help a laugh at that.

"Why you?" Damon asked annoyed.

"Because if I'm there, Stefan will remember to concentrate so that he doesn't kill." Caroline replied and he rolled his eyes knowing that she was using what he told her about Stefan against him. "What do you think?" She asked Sheila. "Don't you think that it would be better if Klaus isn't conscious during the spell? Then if anyone ever awakens him, he can't blame Stefan." She added and Sheila considered that.

"Yes." Sheila agreed. "So, you can make yourself useful by breaking his neck." She smirked at Damon who scowled at her – then thought of something.

"Ah, but to fit into your little theory." Damon said to Caroline with a smirk. "If someone awakens him and you are a vampire, he'll know that you were both in on the plan." He pointed out and Caroline deadpanned at him and Bonnie couldn't help a chuckle – though kind of crazy, she thought Damon was really funny and his interaction with Caroline even funnier.

"I already have a plan for that." Caroline defended.

"Oh? And what's that?" Damon questioned amused.

"I'm going to hand over the other Originals to Elijah and get him to ensure our protection from Klaus." Caroline replied and Damon shot her a look.